ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT FOR HUMAN RESOURCES
- Trinity College
- Hartford, Connecticut
Trinity College, located in Hartford Connecticut, seeks an enthusiastic and collaborative leader for the position of Assistant Vice President for Human Resources (AVP). Having a dual reporting structure, the AVP will report to both the Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer. This innovative dual reporting structure will provide the AVP an opportunity to work in close partnership with two College leaders who bring unique perspectives and valuable skill sets in responding to an increasingly complex higher education environment.
The AVP will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in all aspects of the Human Resources (HR) function across the institution, help drive a culture of change, and make meaningful contributions throughout the Trinity community. Working collaboratively with leaders across the campus, the AVP will oversee an effective and responsive HR operation and develop strategic programs and innovative practices in support of the College’s mission. The AVP will promote a high-performing, positive, diverse, and productive culture with the goals of maintaining high levels of employee effectiveness and morale while fostering an inclusive and collegial environment.
The AVP will have the following experiences, capabilities, and attributes:
- Be an experienced and strategic Human Resources practitioner who has a strong understanding of HR best practices and a proven record of visionary leadership;
- Have the ability to lead with both a decisive and consultative style, foster open communications, and proactively build positive relationships with faculty, staff, and students;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to collegiality, mutual respect, and inclusiveness; act in a fair, flexible, honest, trustworthy, and ethical manner at all times. In all instances, build an organization that honors confidentiality and earns trust;
- Have strong written and oral communications skills and have the ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization; be a team player who operates with transparency and fosters trust and collaboration within the organization;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Possess strong negotiation skills in order to formulate policies and programs and arrive collaboratively at solutions with various stakeholders;
- Demonstrate strong planning, organizational, administrative, supervisory, and budget-management skills;
- Have a strong understanding of data collection methodology and analysis that will support data-informed decision-making;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Advanced degree is strongly preferred; and
- Higher education experience is highly desirable.
Mo Lashendock, Principal, and Josyanne Roche, Consultant of Koya Leadership Partners have been retained to assist Trinity College in this search. To express your interest in this role, please submit your materials, including your letter of interest and resume here (https://ats.k2-app.com/jobPosting/apply/3333). All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
For a full position profile, please click here (https://koyapartners.com/search/assistant-vice-president-for-human-resources/).
Trinity College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We place high value on an environment that offers equal opportunity in the workplace and encourages mutual respect, interaction, and engagement. We seek to honor the range of differences that mark us as distinctive, and encourage applicants from diverse cultures, backgrounds and ethnicities reflective of our growing student body. Trinity College is committed to being an academic community free of discrimination and prejudice and, to this end, abides by all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and fair employment practices. Trinity College is committed to providing equal opportunity to all faculty and administrative staff in its employment and personnel practices, and to policies and practices which assure that there will be no discrimination against any individual on the grounds of race, color, age, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any needed accommodation in order to participate in the application process.
More search results
Executive Director for the Student Union, Inc.
San Jose State University
Penn State Brandywine
Vice President for Enrollment Management
Executive Vice President for Research and Innovat…
University of Louisville
Vice President for Business and Finance
Columbus State University