Senior Director of Development Farmer School of Business
Job Description Summary:
Job ID:6925 Unclassified FT (Salary)
The Senior Director of Development will help advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of donors and prospects of Miami University. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support for the Farmer School of Business.
- Implement and direct imbedded campaign initiatives within the Farmer School of Business capital campaign in response to its campaign priorities and initiatives. Manage and develop strategies for all prospects of the Farmer School of Business.
- Identify, cultivate, and personally solicit alumni, parents and friends of Miami University for gifts of $100,000 and above. Manage an exclusive portfolio of approximately 50-65 individual prospects.
- Prepare and present gift proposals to prospects with the input and assistance of faculty, administrators, and deans, as well as other constituent and central development officers. Proposals may involve establishing multi-year commitments, as well as helping to facilitate gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Work closely with the Dean, Department Chairs and Faculty of the Farmer School of Business in developing prospects and donor relationships.
- Provide mentoring and management to less experienced members of the Farmer School development team.
Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years experience in fundraising, business development and/or relationship management roles; demonstrated level of leadership and management; outstanding oral and written communications; excellent organization skills and attention to detail; and willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level.
Advanced degree; experience in an educational environment.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.