Assistant Vice President, Treasurer
- University of Southern California
- Los Angeles, CA
University of Southern California
Assistant Vice President, Treasurer
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Assistant Vice President, Treasurer (“Treasurer”) manages all aspects of treasury function, including liquidity and cash management, capital structure, and all related corporate forecast models and reports. This role will work collaboratively across the enterprise to optimize the University’s decision-making capabilities and inspire the highest standards of financial performance. The position is a highly complex one, and it will provide the right person with the opportunity to have significant impact on both operations policy and financial strategy.
Key responsibilities of the Treasurer will include:
- Participates in strategic planning initiatives at the University and at the Health System.
- Develops and communicates recommendations to senior executive and Committee levels to support proposed initiatives.
- Models and cultivates the culture, values, and behaviors of the Finance Division within their team, as well as across the University at large.
- Owns the evaluation of opportunities for investment that involve the university’s capital structure (e.g., leases, external financing, internal bank loans, etc.). Investments span acquisitions, capital projects, real estate, and technology.
- Provides oversight and directs the activities associated with the management of USC’s cash management program including cash concentration, wires, and short-term investments. Works closely with the Office of Budget and Planning to manage organizational liquidity to ensure sufficient funds are available to meet operating and capital needs.
- Identifies and develops plans for new business models and revenue-generating opportunities which align with USC’s business development goals and performs all necessary market and financial analysis.
Key experiences/qualificiations of the Treasurer will include:
- At least 10 years of applicable work experience combined with at least five years of leadership/management experience including debt structuring and issuance.Advanced knowledge of capital markets and debt syndications.
- Proven track record of strong leadership, organization, administrative, and participative management skills including the ability to build, train and mentor an outstanding organization and to effectively utilize staff.
- Highly developed analytical, quantitative reasoning, and interpretive abilities.
Please direct all applications, nominations, and inquiries for the position to the search firm at the contact information below:
Beau Lambert, Senior Client Partner
John Amer, Senior Client Partner
Megan Maxwell, Associate
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
More search results
VICE PRESIDENT FOR DEVELOPMENT and PRESIDENT OF …
Associate Vice President for Financial Services
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Vice President Administrative Planning and Innova…
Provost and SVP for Academic Affairs and Student …