Executive Director Culinary Services
- Ohio University
- Athens, Ohio
OHIO Culinary Services seeks an Executive Director to lead, inspire and motivate an enthusiastic team of food service professionals. This position will assist in ensuring that we not only maintain, but exceed our previous successes in addition to meeting our goal of providing the finest quality food and service at reasonable costs to our students and guests.
This is a particularly exciting time to work at Ohio University as the Division of Student Affairs recently launched a new strategic plan that has three breakthrough objectives:
- Ensure that a framework of equity and social justice is embedded into the day to day work of divisional employees and departments.
- Create, measure and improve upon common student learning outcomes across departments.
- Work to engage all students in meaningful programs, services and activities to increase retention and graduation rates.
- Directs and oversees a comprehensive culinary and retail program; business functions with a budget of $46 million through cost controls, financial allocations, strategic sourcing and scheduling; devises and implements ways to increase student satisfaction, increase income, and/or reduce expenditures; service level development and operating systems and controls.
- Provides oversight and guidance in long range capital planning, preventative maintenance, facilities renovations, security, renewal of program concepts, and product offerings to meet current trends and generational expectations.
- Develops on-going planning and development of service levels through the enhancement of facilities, concepts, product delivery, and staff training, including a six year planning cycle to maintain services that will meet the needs of new generation customers. Planning includes contingency plans as well as emergency response plans.
- Directs business functions of Culinary Services’ budget through cost controls, financial allocations, strategic sourcing and scheduling. Responsible for the management of meal plan operations, flex points, and Bobcat Cash.
- Ensures a safe and sanitary workplace complying with all applicable governmental laws and regulations, departmental policies and procedures.
- Works with University departments in developing programs and partnerships to utilize and promote Ohio University Culinary Services.
- Devises, implements, and directs the administration of policies and procedures relating to approximately 2,300 employees in accordance with departmental and university policies, the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and all local, state, and federal laws.
- Directs personnel programs involving supervision, performance evaluations, staff development and training. This includes participation in labor union issues and negotiations with AFSCME Local 1699.
- Provides support for all human resource functions within Culinary Services in providing a fair, equitable, diverse, and supportive environment.
- Supports the Division of Student Affairs (DOSA) Strategic Plan and the President’s Strategic Pathways for Ohio University’s future by:
- Ensuring that a framework of equity and social justice is embedded into the department’s day-to-day work.
- Providing and supporting services and activities to increase recruitment and retention rates.
- Collaborating with OHIO and regional partners to enhance the University’s national position as a leader in sustainability.
- ServSafe certification must be obtained within 1 year of employment
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of business, retail, food service/management or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8 years of relevant work experience
- 8 years supervisory/managerial experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices and ability to use in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license
- Master’s degree in the area of business, retail, food service/management or a related field
Salary is commensurate with education and experience, while also considering internal equity. Employees enjoy a generous benefits package such as paid holidays, sick time, personal time, a tuition waiver up to 100% for self and dependents, a comprehensive insurance package (including but not limited to prescription, vision, dental, and life insurance), an excellent retirement plan with up to a 14% company contribution, a 6-week paid parental leave program, adoption reimbursement, transgender care, flextime and flexplace policies, counseling and mental health care, access to professional development programs, and more. Additional information is available at https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, please apply by April 2, 2019
To apply, and for more information, go to: https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/30720
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org
ent Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org
More search results
Vice President for Enrollment Management
Albertus Magnus College
VICE PRESIDENT FOR DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSIO…
Sarah Lawrence College
Vice President for Enrollment Management
University of New Mexico
Vice President of Research, Graduate Education an…
Montana State University
Chief Financial Officer