- University of Maine
- Orono, ME
Statement of the Job:
This is a teaching role within the field of Management at the Maine Business School. The role requires strong academic teaching skills in a university setting, coupled with service to the Maine Business School and the wider university community. The faculty member will demonstrate strong teaching, pedagogical and instructional skills in the area of Management/Business Administration. He/She will be expected to be aligned and up to date with Management education, theory and practice. He/She is expected to be a keen observer of the practical business environment and is able to transfer these observations into the classroom for the benefit of students and the faculty at large. While the role is primarily centered on teaching, research is welcomed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Teaching. Responsible for teaching mostly undergraduate management courses, though there may be some graduate level course opportunities. Teaching load per semester is not more than four (4) courses per academic semester and potential courses include BUA325 Principles of Management and Organizations, BUA101 Introduction to Business, as well as other areas such as Human Resource Management or Small Business Management.
- Service – advise and provide mentoring to undergraduate students; participate and contribute in faculty meetings and faculty working committees; participate and contribute to MBS and university level activities that engage stakeholders (i.e. “Open House” days); service to the larger community is encouraged
- Research – research activity is encouraged
- Others- participate and contribute to MBS’s maintenance of accreditation; Other duties as required or needed.
- PhD or related doctorate from an AACSB accredited university or college, or an MBA from an AACSB accredited university or college and at least 5 years of managerial experience
- Evidence of strong classroom teaching experience, measured primarily by student teaching evaluations (qualitative and quantitative) within the field of Management/Business Administration at an AACSB accredited university or college,
- Strong communication skills especially in classroom lecture delivery (i.e. instructional skills) and classroom management. Able to engage positively with undergraduate students to ensure active learning
- Demonstrated ability to teach online courses in the last three (3) years.
- Familiar with multiple teaching pedagogy and formats such as blended learning, flipped classroom, etc
More search results
Director of the Chaifetz Center for Entrepreneur…
Saint Louis University
VICE PRESIDENT OF UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT/CEO OF T…
Florida Polytechnic University
CSUCI Faculty Development Director
CSU Channel Islands
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT FOR HUMAN RESOURCES
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor (HS Clin, …
University of California, San Diego