Dean, UNLV School of Dental Medicine
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Las Vegas, Nevada
Dean, UNLV School of Dental Medicine
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas, seeks a distinguished academic leader with proven strategic, judicious, and collaborative leadership skills to serve as the next Dean of the UNLV School of Dental Medicine which opened in 2002 and is the State’s only four-year accredited dental school. https://www.unlv.edu/dental
The School of Dental Medicine and their academic programs have been accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) since 2002. Today they receive nearly 2,000 applications annually for their available 80 seats within its pre-doctoral program. The School has historically evaluated its dental education processes on a continuous basis and redefined them to prepare its graduates to be successful in dental practice, lifelong learning and teaching.
The programs and curriculums at UNLV School of Dental Medicine not only reflects a strong commitment to developing knowledge and skills in both oral science and oral health care, but also offers the flexibility for students to tailor their education to their professional interests and goals. UNLV students find an education that builds excellence in dental medicine by encouraging individual interests and strengths to flourish and grow. The School of Dental Medicine operates clinical programs at two facilities in Las Vegas, hosting between 50,000 – 60,000 patient visits annually and the school develops and manages multiple low-cost and no-cost community clinics which are dedicated to children, women, homeless persons and veterans.
- The Dean will provide strategic vision and operational direction to the clinical, educational, and research programs in the school.
- He or she will create an environment that supports expert practice and research focused on contemporary health care needs; will assure that the school continues to provide educational programs of the highest quality and effectiveness; and will foster the research and clinical practice activities of the faculty.
- The Dean will assure that the school delivers high quality patient care and leads in the development of community outreach, including helping to meet the healthcare needs of underserved communities. He or she will be the school’s public voice and will articulate and promote the school’s contributions in local, state, regional, and national arenas of dental medicine, continuing dental education, health care, and health policy.
Since its first classes in 1957, the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) has transformed from a small branch college into a thriving public urban research institution. UNLV has become an indispensable resource in one of the country’s fastest-growing and most enterprising cities.
The University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) is a doctoral-degree-granting institution of more than 30,000 students and 3,500 faculty and staff that is recognized as “very high research activity” by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. In December 2018, UNLV has joined the ranks of just 130 institutions nationwide as a top tier national public research university. UNLV offers a broad range of respected academic programs and is committed to recruiting and retaining top students and faculty, educating the region’s diversifying population and workforce, driving economic activity through increased research, community partnerships and creating an academic health center for Southern Nevada.
By 2030, the Las Vegas Medical District will be the clinical care, research, wellness, education and training center of Southern Nevada and the premier academic medical district in the southwestern United States. Established by the Las Vegas City Council in 1997, the Las Vegas Medical District (LVMD) is now evolving as one of the most important economic development projects in Southern Nevada that will enhance and expand access to quality medical care, attract new, high-paying employers to the region and advance a higher quality of life. The medical district is a collaborative effort between the city of Las Vegas and the downtown Las Vegas medical and health care community. The LVMD creates an environment that supports future and continued development of businesses and real property within the district.
- D.D.S. or D.M.D. required
- Ph.D. desirable but not required
- Credentials that merit appointment at the rank of Full Professor
- Progressive administrative experience, preferably in a college/school of dental medicine
- Past or present record of peer-reviewed funding and/or evidence of other funded research
- Dental Licensure desirable but not required
Korn Ferry is assisting the University of Nevada. Las Vegas with this important search. The search process is currently underway and will continue until the position is filled. All inquiries, nomination/referrals, and applications (including curriculum vitae and letters of interest) will be held in the strictest confidence and should be submitted to Nadine.firstname.lastname@example.org
UNLV is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer committed to achieving excellence through diversity