Vice President for Integrated Marketing and Communications
- University of Central Missouri
- Warrensburg, MO
Search for the Vice President for Integrated Marketing and Communications
University of Central Missouri President, Roger Best, and the Vice President for Integrated Marketing and Communications search committee invite nominations and applications for the Vice President's position.
Working directly with the President and key stakeholders, the Vice President of Integrated Marketing and Communications (VPIMC) develops, executes and maintains effective integrated marketing and communications plans for the University of Central Missouri. This position is essential in delivering on the university's organizational and educational objectives. The VPIMC leads a team of creative, analytical professionals, who work collaboratively to deliver high quality and innovative services and products that advance and celebrate the university and support its mission.
Poised to celebrate its 150th anniversary in 2021, the University of Central Missouri (UCM) has a tradition of providing higher education programs that help prepare a highly skilled workforce for the state of Missouri. UCM is the leader in degree completion among public universities in Missouri. A comprehensive university serving nearly 12,000 students from almost every state and 60 different countries, UCM offers 150 innovative and diverse academic programs of study, including undergraduate and graduate degrees, and certificates
The position of Vice President for Integrated Marketing and Communications at the University of Central Missouri requires certain talents, skills, and experiences that will enable continuing growth and development of all the University's programs. The Vice President must have certain required characteristics as well as other characteristics that would be desirable for the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working collaboratively, develop, implement and maintain effective, integrated marketing and communication plans that include brand identity, communications standards, and market analysis for a complex organization. This includes coordinating efforts with partners in Enrollment Management, Alumni-Foundation, Athletics, Auxiliary Enterprises, Academics, and the Office of the President, etc.
• Ensure consistency of university branding and messaging across all units.
• Assist Alumni-Foundation with marketing and communications for donor development.
• Utilize and grow capacity for market-based research, affinity marketing, and data analytics to conduct campaigns.
• Oversee and assist in executing all internal and external communication strategies, including the following:
- Crisis communication plans and structure
- Presidential communications
- Marketing, branding and promotions
- Relationships with internal and external media outlets
- Website development and content management
- Social media platforms.
• Ensure the delivery of effective and high-quality products in a timely manner and within budget. This includes measuring the results of advertising and media investments.
• Explore and facilitate the utilization of existing campus-based resources (e.g., program in Digital Media Production, KMOS-TV/regional PBS station) to further the university's mission.
• Provide leadership for the Broadcasting Services unit/KMOS-TV, the University owned and operated PBS station, which reaches one million households in central Missouri (including the state capitol in Jefferson City) and serves as a real-world learning lab for UCM students. The vice-president will work with the Director of Broadcasting Services to create strategic plans, set goals and ensure that Broadcasting Services is serving its dual missions of service to UCM students and the central Missouri community.
• Oversee the human and budgetary resources of the IMC unit, ensuring accountability and fostering best practices. This includes evaluating the strengths and challenges of the unit, developing short and long-range budgets, crafting a strategic vision and ensuring a high-functioning team dedicated to excellence.
• Serve as an integral member of the President's Council and Strategic Leadership Team.
• Take an active personal and professional leadership role in the Warrensburg community.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A record of developing and delivering high quality, creative and informational services in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated success managing a marketing campaign.
• Ability to develop, implement and maintain communications and branding standards across a complex organization.
• Experience leveraging various social/digital media as well as experience with web-strategies to advance campus priorities.
• Analytical abilities to interpret data, develop and assess strategic marketing and communications including assessment metrics.
• Experience working collaboratively with diverse stakeholders and creative professionals to achieve results.
• Evidence of supervisory success in mentoring staff and creating/utilizing accountability systems.
• Success developing and managing budgets.
• Outstanding written communication skills.
• Experience managing crisis communications, crafting public statements and interacting with various media.
• Understanding of the issues and challenges confronting higher education in general, and the University of Central Missouri specifically.
• Masters in relevant discipline, such as business, communications, education, English, law, marketing, public relations, strategic planning, etc.
• 7 years of progressively responsible assignments in marketing, communications, advertising, or related areas.
• 4 years supervisory experience.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The search is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. For a confidential discussion, interested parties may contact Jerry Israel or Stacey Morgan Foster, Senior Consultants at Academic Search, Inc. They are available by email to discuss the position and the requirements. Their contact information is as follows: Jerry Israel at firstname.lastname@example.org ]or Stacey Morgan Foster at email@example.com. The position profile can be found at: www.academic-search.com and more information about the University of Central Missouri can be found at http://www.ucmo.edu.
The position is expected to be filled by July1, 2019. Applications must be sent electronically in Word format to CentralMissouriMarketing@academic-search.com and should include a cover letter that addresses the qualifications outlined above, a curriculum vitae, and a list of at least five references with contact information, including telephone and email. References will not be contacted without the explicit permission of the candidate. The position is open until filled, but only applications received by March 12, 2019, can be assured full consideration.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Information Security Director (Officer)
Associate Dean of Graduate Academic Affairs
George Mason University
Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Strategic …
George Mason University
Associate Director of Development Farmer School o…
Executive Director for Residential Services