Senior Director of Development, Regional Programs
Job Description Summary:
Job ID:6843 Unclassified FT (Salary)
The Senior Director of Development for Regional Programs will help advance the mission of Miami University by assisting in the efforts of planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of donors and prospects of Miami University. In addition, this position will have their own set of metrics corresponding to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support of alumni and friends of Miami.
Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. These students major in over 120 different fields of study.
With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education, there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from alumni, friends, and corporate and foundation partners. As the university looks to embark upon its next comprehensive campaign, a robust and high functioning development team will play a critical role in the success of that effort.
- Oversee the hiring, evaluation, and management of select members of the regional development team.
- Under the leadership of the Assistant Vice President for Development, Regional Programs, work to develop funding priorities and strategic initiatives and the strategies to meet these funding objectives.
- Effect solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends along and with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers.
- Prepare and present gift proposals to prospects with the input and assistance of faulty, administrators, and deans, as well as other constituent and central development officers. Proposals may involve establishing multi-year commitments, as well as helping to facilitate gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events
- Develop and implement assessment, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for assigned prospects with the Office of Development staff, and university faculty and administrators.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Assistant Vice President for Development, Regional Programs.
Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years in development/fundraising experience or comparable work experience; proven leadership techniques; an ability to work with little day to day supervision; outstanding oral and written communication skills; excellent organization skills and attention to detail; commitment to collaborative approach to fundraising; willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level; an ability and willingness to work from their residence and the ability to attend as scheduled evening and weekend events.
Advanced degree; experience working in education setting.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.