Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs
- University of Houston-Victoria
- Victoria, Texas
The University of Houston-Victoria (UHV) announces a global search and invites applications and nominations for the position of Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
UHV, a Hispanic-serving institution, is one of four separately accredited institutions in the University of Houston System. Located in the Coastal Bend region of Texas, UHV serves the educational needs, promotes the economic well-being and advances the quality of life of the community and region through teaching, research and service excellence. The university’s main campus is located in Victoria, with significant operations (focused on upper division and graduate programs) in the Western Houston suburb of Katy.
UHV offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees online and on-campus in Victoria and Katy. Recognized as a leader in distance delivery of instruction and services. UHV enrolled its first freshmen and sophomores in Fall 2010 and has continued to grow its presence in Victoria and Katy, while maintaining its commitment to online delivery. UHV currently enrolls 4,600 students: half of those students being online students, 1,500 on-campus students in Victoria and 900 on-campus students in Katy. With faculty at both campuses (Victoria and Katy), UHV has shown and continues to show commitment to access, outreach, collaboration and expansion of its programs and international involvement.
The Provost & VPAA serves as the chief academic officer of the university, reporting directly to the President of UHV. The Provost & VPAA is responsible for providing leadership and oversight of the university’s faculty and its academic programs and services. Reporting to the Provost & VPAA is the Associate Provost for University College, the academic deans, the Library, Institutional Research and Research & Sponsored Programs.
The next Provost & VPAA will have unquestioned integrity, high energy, excellent interpersonal and administrative skills, effective problem-solving and consensus-building abilities, good humor and conflict-resolution skills and a passion for educating students and changing lives.
Preferred qualifications include the following:
- Earned doctorate or equivalent terminal degree in a discipline relevant to UHV’s mission and from an institution with undergraduate and graduate programs;
- Qualification for tenure at the full professor level;
- Distinguished record of scholarship, research and effective responses to new developments in higher education;
- A record of progressive, administrative leadership experience (dean or equivalent) with significant decision-making responsibilities at a college or university with undergraduate and graduate programs;
- Experience in academic planning and policy, curriculum development, accreditation, program review, assessment and compliance procedures;
- Track record of innovative funding initiatives and success managing and interpreting complex budgets;
- Advocate for resources to support the academic quality and reputation of the university;
- Demonstrated commitment to shared governance with faculty in:
- hiring, evaluation, promotion, retention, and modified roles of faculty;
- developing new academic programs at all stages, from conceptualization to initiation, implementation, and evaluation;
- assuring that academic programs meet the needs of existing and potential receiving institutions of UHV graduate and program completers;
- demonstrating a commitment to academic freedom;
- Ability to interact collaboratively with campus, System leadership, faculty, staff, students, community members and alumni;
- Experience with distance learning, including course/program delivery at multiple off-campus sites;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, and effectively working in a multicultural community; and
- Experience working with third-party marketing companies to increase enrollment.
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. is assisting the University of Houston-Victoria in the search. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. For best consideration, applications and nominations should be provided by March 15, 2019. A complete application will include a letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position’s duties, responsibilities and qualifications; an academic curriculum vitae, a faculty application and contact information for at least five references. Submission of materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. All candidate information will be held in strict confidence until the final round of interviews. The anticipated start is July 1, 2019.
Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should send an email with information about the nominated person to Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. Please include the name, position, address, telephone number and email address of the nominee.
Confidential inquiries, nomination and application materials should be directed to:
Joe Stanley or Alex Matthews
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc.
42 Business Center Drive, Suite 206
Miramar Beach, FL 32550
Phone: 850.650.2277 / Fax: 850.650.2272
For more information on the University of Houston-Victoria, visit https://www.uhv.edu/.
The University of Houston-Victoria is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
More search results
Entry-level, Pre-tenure, and Recently Tenured Lat…
St. John's University
Artist in Residence in Ballet
Southern Methodist University
Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Algebra and Numb…
Department of Mathematics
Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Computational Ma…
Department of Mathematics
Analyst and Project Manager - Office of the Provo…
Carnegie Mellon University