Dean for Institutional Effectiveness - Academic Affairs
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College
- Long Island City, NY
Dean for Institutional Effectiveness - Academic Affairs
Job ID: 20115
Location LaGuardia Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
LaGuardia Community College located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare To Do More reflects our belief in the transformative power of education – not just for individuals, but for our community and our country – creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imaging what our students, our community and our country can become. Visit www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.
Reporting to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean for Institutional Effectiveness is charged with providing innovative and professional leadership to facilitating college planning, decision making, operational effectiveness, and policy formation through the collection, analysis, and presentation of institutional and environmental data. The Dean will play a key role in the college's strategic planning process, a centerpiece of which is the application of institutional research. The Dean will utilize analytical tools; respond to internal and external requests for information; track institutional performance against a wide range of benchmarks; conduct analyses to support college planning, enrollment management, program review, and assessment; and synthesize and communicate findings. The Dean will oversee the Office of Institutional Research and will be responsible for the following:
• Oversees and implements the college’s strategic planning process.
• Designs and maintains the college’s Institutional Effectiveness Plan that will unify assessment college-wide, enabling the college to assess its effectiveness in fulfilling its mission.
• Designs and oversees the college’s administrative and educational support units plan.
• Provides leadership in establishing a comprehensive, institution-wide program of self-assessment involving program review and outcomes assessment; integrates program review and outcomes assessment into institutional planning efforts and into reaccreditation processes and reports.
• Provides evaluation oversight of college’s academic success programs.
• Conducts research and policy analyses relevant to institutional planning, policy, and decision-making needs across all divisions of the college.
• Communicates relevant, timely, accurate, and actionable institutional data to administrators and the college community.
• Prepares digital, written and oral presentations to communicate research findings to the college community and relevant external constituencies.
• Monitors extent to which research findings are accessed and used by college constituents so as to ensure broad dissemination and promote data-driven decision making.
• Works collaboratively with senior management on issues of assessment, including general institutional effectiveness and measures of student success and learning.
• Works collaboratively with senior communication staff to create on-going, media-savvy communication of relevant research findings.
• Assists the institution by providing leadership in identifying and understanding emerging internal and external issues and significant environmental changes, constituting both opportunities and challenges to the college.
• Creates an annual institutional research plan to collect, analyze and communicate selected and relevant elements of student success for credit and non-credit students.
• Maintains compliance of policies and reporting requirements of external agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Education, Middle States Commission on Higher Education and other accreditation bodies.
• Provides data and analyses in response to specific requests and needs of college offices and departments.
• Maintains an easily accessible data source for information necessary for grant proposals, summary reports to external funders, and support for faculty scholarship.
• Provides leadership in the development and maintenance of accessible data and information which can be used college-wide.
• Provides data and analyses to support the development of college policies and procedures; may serve on college planning and policy-making committees.
• Administers and analyzes numerous annual nationally-ranked assessment instruments.
• Prepares annual institutional profile.
• Participates in institutional research professional organizations and keeps abreast of national, state and local educational issues.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
The successful candidate will demonstrate significant familiarity and accomplishment with strategic planning, including plan implementation and evaluation of programs that effectively promote student retention and success. The Dean will have knowledge that includes methodologies of evaluation, assessment, survey research, statistics, and data analysis. Expertise with assessment tools and techniques, survey research methods, statistical and database management software packages, and the dynamics of strategic planning and accreditation is required.
Proven understanding of innovative techniques of data management and analysis across a complex organization and success bringing innovative pilot projects to scale are crucial. Additionally, strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills and the ability to work with complex computer information systems are essential.
A Master's degree with at least eight (8) years of related experience is preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Dean of the Graduate School
Idaho State University
Dean of the School of Business
University of San Diego
CUNY Hunter College
Executive Director, Career Center
California State University, San Bernardino
Analyst and Project Manager - Office of the Provo…
Carnegie Mellon University