Assistant Professor - Marketing
- CUNY Brooklyn College
- New York, NY
Assistant Professor - Marketing
Job ID: 20069
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Brooklyn College of the City University of New York (CUNY) invites applications for a full-time tenure track Assistant Professor position in Marketing in the Department of Business Management within the Murray Koppelman School of Business with a starting date of August 27, 2019.
The Murray Koppelman School of Business offers both undergraduate and graduate degree programs through its four departments: Accounting, Business Management, Economics, and Finance. The Department of Business Management is home to 25 full-time faculty as well as industry experts and staff.
The faculty is committed to equipping students with the knowledge and skills needed to: (1) succeed in professional careers in management, marketing, human resource management, operations management, business analytics, and international business; (2) start and develop companies or not-for profit organizations, and (3) be prepared for further education.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Develop and maintain a research agenda in Marketing and related topics.
- Student advisement and research mentoring.
- Conduct service at all levels, including committee, departmental, administrative and supervisory assignments.
Brooklyn College is a microcosm of the ethnically rich borough of Brooklyn it serves as well as a mirror of the wide diversity in New York City itself. A vibrant, intellectually engaged community, our student body is comprised of individuals from 150 countries who speak 105 different languages. The College and the Department of Business Management are committed to enhancing and supporting a diverse and inclusive community of students, faculty, and staff.
- Ph.D. in Marketing awarded by an AACSB- accredited School of Business
- Degree must be in hand or, if ABD, completed by June 30, 2019
- Ability to teach effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Demonstrated or potential for scholarly research and publishing in high quality peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of effective teaching
- Candidates with an interest in Analytics preferred
- Evidence of ability or potential to publish in high quality journals
- Prior industry experience is valued
Salary commensurate with experience and credentials. All appointments are subject to financial availability.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
There are two steps to the application process.
STEP ONE – Submit Application by visiting https://cuny.jobs/brooklyn-college/new-jobs/
Applicants should upload the following in .doc, .pdf, or .rtf format:
- An application letter indicating the desired position that details how the candidate's teaching, service· and/or scholarship has supported the success of students from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in their academic fields; applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should discuss how their work will further CUNY's commitment to diversity.
- Current and detailed curriculum vitae
- A one-page document describing the candidate's three-year research agenda, copies of publications and/or working papers
- A recent peer-reviewed article, publications or manuscript
- Formal Teaching Evaluations, if available
- A sample of published scholarly writing to which the applicant is the primary or single author
STEP TWO – Submit Reference Contact Information by visiting www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/hrref/?170
All applicants are required to have three confidential letters of recommendation submitted electronically by their recommenders by visiting the link above and entering the contact information for three (3) recommenders.
The online system will automatically email your recommenders a request to submit a letter via the system. Full instructions will be provided.
Emailed or hard copy applications will not be considered.
March 25, 2019
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.