The Energy Specialist works to establish accountability for energy consumption at every level at the College. This person is responsible for developing and monitoring the College's energy management program under board-approved Policy and Guidelines, for the purpose of reducing utility consumption.
Basic areas of responsibility include: administration and record keeping, accountability, reporting, program implementation, promoting College employee involvement, and validating energy management system compliance to the College’s energy policy and guidelines.
The candidate must have an independent work ethic, good judgment capabilities, have the ability to maintain positive public relations, and must be persuasive. The candidate must be computer literate, be able to interpret technical data, and demonstrate an ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals.
Essential Elements of the Position:
The position includes but is not limited to the following list of representative duties:
Publicity and College involvement:
- With the assistance of Cenergistic, establish a program to promote energy conservation through positive feedback to all levels of the College, including faculty, staff, administrators and students and involve all personnel in taking ownership for success of program.
- Coordinate with internal and external PR support to utilize all media opportunities to promote successes of the College’s energy management program.
Administration and Record Keeping:
- Serve as College representative at management‑level meetings, seminars and conferences relating to energy use and conservation.
- Advise, assist and make recommendations to the Executive Director of College Sustainability Programs on alternate energy sources, consumption and general energy conservation measures.
- Develop and maintain contact with federal and state agencies and monitor state and national energy policy trends.
- Provide input on contractual support activities (capital projects) related to energy management and the purchase of any products that affect energy consumption.
- Prepare energy requirement estimates and budget allotments for all College facilities and develop procedures for efficient utilization of energy sources.
- Maintain all energy and water consumption records and data. Maintain records of federal energy conservation grants received by the College.
Accountability and Reporting:
- Report directly to a superior at least monthly as to status of the College’s energy consumption.
- Report quarterly to the Board on status and success of the energy program.
- Provide regular communication with leadership and custodial staff as to status of their buildings’ energy consumption.
- Report to the director of buildings and grounds any safety hazards observed.
Implementation and Compliance:
- Conduct regular “walk‑through” audits of all the College’s facilities to insure operating efficiency, optimum educational environment, and compliance with College’s energy policy.
- Coordinate usage of facilities and insure proper space utilization consistent with energy conservation.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of weekday, weekend, holiday, and summer shutdown checklists for every building in the College.
- Insure building principal or custodian reads all meters on same days as utility companies.
- Implement night setback program for every building on weeknights, weekends, holidays and summer recess.
- Insure that the College is on proper utility rate schedule and is receiving correct billing.
- Insure College participation in any rebate program offered.
Energy Management Systems:
- Coordinate with the maintenance director the installation and/or repairs of energy management systems. Maintain wiring and installation diagrams of the systems.
- Assist with the design and maintenance of the programming for computerized energy management system to insure operating efficiency. Update programs as necessary.
- Work with building and maintenance personnel on proper operation of the systems and equipment. Attend all scheduled in-services on the energy management system.
- Perform other duties as assigned as related to energy management.
The successful candidate must be able to commit to irregular hours (night, early mornings, weekends, holidays and summer audits); work independently and exercise good judgment in implementation of policy; maintain favorable public relations and analyze and interpret technical data and communicate it to non-technical individuals. The candidate must be able to effectively learn and effectively use computer systems and programs related to job duties and leverage communication skills to encourage change while communicating in a positive and encouraging manner. The job requires that the candidate use a large measure of diplomacy and have good judgment capabilities and be able to interpret technical data and be computer literate. The candidate must be able to organize multiple tasks in an efficient manner and prioritize duties and communicate effectively in public speaking engagements as required and provide supervision as staff assigns. This position will require extensive travel between all three College campuses.
A Bachelor’s degree and three or more years’ experience facilitating/coaching/training activities for diverse groups toward goal accomplishment. Successful candidate must have three or more years of experience in classroom, administrative, or other professional experience; administration and record keeping; accountability, reporting, program implementation; promoting employee involvement and engagement; strong oral and written communication skills and word processing, spreadsheets and report writing.
Click on the following link:
Select position #18-36B and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
The New York State Retirement and Social Security Law requires retirees of a public pension plan within the State or City of New York to disclose prior public employment and pension plan history for the purpose of establishing a retiree’s eligibility for employment.
More search results
San Francisco State University
Vice President of Student Affairs
Associate Provost for Institutional Research and …
University of Houston
Vice President for Integrated Marketing and Commu…
University of Central Missouri
Search for the Provost and Vice President for Aca…
University of Central Missouri