Vice President for Development
- University of Toledo
- Toledo, OH
Vice President for Development
The University of Toledo
One of fourteen state universities in Ohio, The University of Toledo was established in 1872 and became a member of the state university system in 1967. The University of Toledo and the Medical University of Ohio merged in July of 2006 to form an institution with a breadth of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs matched by fewer than thirty universities across the nation. The University of Toledo currently enrolls 20,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students and has 6,600 employees. Its budget of over $730 million is the third largest among Ohio public universities. The University of Toledo is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Vice President for Development will report to the University of Toledo President Sharon Gaber and will serve as a member of her senior staff. Leveraging the enthusiasm of leadership across the University and its volunteer structure, the Vice President will lead a comprehensive campaign, while simultaneously building upon an organization dedicated to the integration of efforts across both development and the institution as a whole.
The Vice President will possess exceptional leadership and management skills, as well as exhibit a track record of success as a major and principal gift fundraiser. Success in this environment requires experience with best practices in development programs and an effective and charismatic leadership style capable of engaging and communicating effectively in a university environment.
- Significant experience building effective constituency-based development programs and infrastructures at large in complex public or private organizations;
- Demonstrated ability and successful track record in planning, executing, and closing significant major and principal gifts;
- Exceptional leadership and management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build effective development teams;
- Commitment to servant leadership and leading with integrity;
- Successful direct experience in planning or leading major comprehensive campaigns;
- Track record of building strong and lasting relationships both internally and externally;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate academic and technical information to a variety of audiences, coupled with an ability to inspire those audiences;
- Ability to coordinate with University of Toledo leadership and faculty to assist in long-term relationship building;
- Experience in higher education or with one or more institutions as comprehensive and complex as the University of Toledo is preferred;
- Experience working and interacting with governing boards and other volunteer leaders;
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Applications and Nominations
The Search Committee invites nominations, applications (a letter of interest, resume/CV, and the names and contact information of five or more references) or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting The University of Toledo. Review of materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. It is preferred, however, that all nominations and applications be submitted to the search firm prior to March 28, 2019. For Additional information, please contact:
Porsha L. Williams, Vice President
Rich McNeal, Associate
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2900
The University of Toledo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, the presence of a disability, genetic information, familial status, political affiliation, or participation in protected activities in its provision of employment and educational opportunities.