Executive Director - Center for Teaching & Learning
Responsible to support student, faculty, and institutional success. Lead a team of professionals whose work is focused on the development and evaluation of university-wide initiatives. Work in collaboration with units and divisions at the institution including Enrollment Management, Information Technology, Student Affairs, and College Deans & Chairs. This position is primarily responsible for increasing FTIC retention and increasing the number of undergraduate graduations. This position is a direct report to the Provost.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the development, evaluation, and redevelopment of programming designed to improve university success related to teaching, learning, and, advising. Specifically, develop an engaging first year experience for freshman students.
• Provide direction and guidance to the Student Success Specialist. This involves course management, success coaching, and development of peer mentor leaders for PASS 0900.
• Provide direction and guidance to the Student Success Specialist and Student Success Coordinators involved in curriculum management, faculty development, and peer mentor experience for incoming freshmen students. This involves course management, success coaching, and development of peer mentor leaders for APSU 1000.
• Lead the development, evaluation, and re-development of success initiatives related to students’ major selection and advising.
• Provide an assessment of student success initiatives to the Provost, as directed.
• Create an environment that facilitates a positive first student-faculty interaction during summer orientation and registration processes for incoming students.
• Investigate student complaints related to teaching, learning and advising.
• Participate and/or lead technology initiatives related to teaching, learning, and advising.
• Lead campus efforts in improving teaching and learning program outcomes through course redesign activity. This includes the supervision of the co-requisite model of developmental education and the Academic Support Center.
• Oversee the associate’s degree and the BS in General Studies degree.
More search results
Assistant Vice President Alumni Affairs and Advoc…
UT Foundation, Inc
Assistant Director of Residence Life
Ohio University - Housing and Residence Life
Information Security Director (Officer)
Associate Dean of Graduate Academic Affairs
George Mason University
Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Strategic …
George Mason University