- University of Minnesota Crookston
- Crookston, MN
The University of Minnesota is seeking nominations and applications for the position of Chancellor of the University of Minnesota Crookston. As the chief academic and executive officer for the Crookston campus, the Chancellor leads, champions, and leverages the critical and unique role of the campus in advancing the University’s academic, research, and outreach mission and in supporting the University’s reputation as one of the world’s most renowned public research universities. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader who possesses excellent judgment and diplomacy, personal and professional integrity, a reputation for working collegially with both internal and external constituencies, and an ability to act as a catalyst for campus creativity, innovation, and progress that will build on the legacy of UMC in providing an innovative, hands-on educational experience for students.
The University of Minnesota Crookston Chancellor is the chief academic and executive officer of the Crookston campus, and provides senior administrative leadership for all campus programs, services, and activities. The Chancellor is responsible for the academic vision and management of the campus, and for representing UMC to the University of Minnesota president, the Board of Regents, the community, region, state, legislature, governmental agencies, and other organizations including higher education institutions. Major responsibilities include:
- Continue to advance a high quality academic program at the Crookston campus and the effective integration of that program within the University of Minnesota system
- Oversee the responsible planning, stewardship, management, and accountability of human, fiscal, and capital resources of the campus
- Facilitate, nurture, coordinate, and support the efforts of the leadership team and the faculty, students, and staff on the Crookston campus
- Lead successful fundraising efforts to augment public funding with private gifts to drive and support campus impact and success
- Uphold the University’s core value of commitment to excellence through proven leadership in support of the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion across the Crookston community, region, and state, particularly in the recruitment and retention of diverse students, faculty, and staff
- Enhance student engagement on campus by involving students in key campus initiatives, promoting student academic success, fostering student development, increase cultural competency and interaction with diverse others providing quality student services and support, and being accessible
- Serve as a strong and vocal champion for UMC and work with the senior vice president for system academic administration to leverage system strengths, opportunities, and operational excellence
- Provide leadership for regional collaboration that leverages the resources of the Crookston campus in partnership with other regional entities to promote NW Minnesota
- Integrate the UMC campus and its many vital resources into the broader Crookston community and surrounding region
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with the campus’s internal and external constituencies, including the Northwest Research and Outreach Center and the University of Minnesota Extension to provide University programs to the citizens of NW Minnesota
- Advise and support the University president in developing and executing the University’s statewide mission to enhance the University’s impact across the state
- Serve as a member of the University president’s senior leadership group
- Earned doctorate, or equivalent terminal degree, from an accredited institution
- Extensive record of successful senior administrative experience in higher education or within a large, complex organization
- A demonstrated track record of effectively managing an organization’s fiscal, human, and capital resources, working collaboratively with a broad array of constituencies, and engaging with local, regional, state, and national leadership organizations
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and securing private, corporate, or governmental support to advance the organization’s mission
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrated cultural competency, and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with multiple and diverse constituencies
- Substantial evidence of intellectual achievement and research and scholarship that is congruent with a possible appointment as a full professor.
- Experience in academic and executive leadership at the all-campus or all-system level, preferably within a large and complex university system
- Proven success in academic and executive leadership in the context of shared governance, unionization, and collaborative decision-making, preferably within a similar system organization
- Experience in building collaborations involving public and private sector organizations, systems of higher education, and leaders and organizations in the community, region, and state
- Understanding of the role a public land-grant university plays in the vitality of the state and region
- Understanding of technology and its role in teaching, research, and outreach
The Chancellor position is a full-time, 12-month, senior administrative position. The Chancellor serves at the pleasure of the president and reports directly to the University president. The appointment date is open, but the preferred date is July 2017, or as soon as possible thereafter. Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience. Qualified applicants may also be eligible for a faculty appointment, contingent upon academic credentials and accomplishments.
Application and Nomination Process
Assisting the search will be: Garry W. Owens, Ph.D., Senior Consultant, AGB Search, email@example.com, 806.239.3049 (mobile). Prospective candidates are encouraged to contact Dr. Owens initially by e-mail to arrange a phone conversation to discuss this opportunity.
The University of Minnesota Crookston Search Committee will be accepting nominations and evaluating application materials on a rolling basis throughout the fall, and will begin to narrow the pool in early January. Candidates should plan to submit materials by the target date of January 6, 2017. Application materials should include: 1) a letter of interest that addresses how the candidate's experiences and qualifications intersect with the listed strategic priorities and desired leadership characteristics as identified in the position prospectus; 2) curriculum vitae; and, 3) the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of five references for future contact. Please also include your professional relationship with each reference listed. All candidate names will remain confidential, except for those individuals invited to campus interviews. Application and nomination materials should be submitted electronically to: UMCChancellor@agbsearch.com.
The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
University of Minnesota Crookston
The University of Minnesota Crookston (UMC) is one of five campuses comprising the University of Minnesota system. UMC is located in rural northwest Minnesota with an enrollment of over 1,800 students (approximately half on campus and half online) from 43 states and 20 countries. It was established as a technical college in 1966 and transitioned to offering baccalaureate degrees in 1993. UMC provides all students, staff, and faculty with laptop computers in a technology-rich environment. Integral to the University's statewide land-grant mission, UMC provides experiential, career-oriented learning programs and connects its teaching, research, and outreach to local, county, and regional economic development in support of the global economy. UMC delivers world‐class University of Minnesota degrees in an affordable, close‐knit campus setting where faculty and staff personally invest in the success of each student.
For more information about University of Minnesota Crookston, please visit: http://www1.crk.umn.edu.
University of Minnesota
Founded in 1851, the University of Minnesota is the state’s land-grant university and its flagship research institution, serving more than 67,000 students and offering more than 370 degree programs. Its mission, carried out on multiple campuses and throughout the state, is threefold – research and discovery; teaching and learning; and outreach and public service. It is a multi-campus system, and the UM-Twin Cities, located in Minneapolis/St. Paul, is one of the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. In addition, there are four coordinate campuses that complete the University system: UM-Crookston, which offers a technology-rich environment where students develop the skills and leadership abilities to succeed in a global economy; UM-Duluth, which is consistently ranked among the top mid-western regional universities; UM-Morris, which is ranked as one of the top public liberal arts colleges in the nation and a leader in environmental and sustainability solutions; and UM-Rochester, which serves the academic and professional needs of southeastern Minnesota in the areas of health sciences and biotechnology. The University of Minnesota also has several regional extension offices and research and outreach centers, and is a major contributor to the state’s economy, generating $8.6 billion in total economic impact in the state every year and supporting a total of approximately 80,000 jobs across the state.
For more information about the University of Minnesota, please visit: http://www.umn.edu.
More search results
Student Support Services Program Specialist
Eastern Oregon University
Lecturer in Discipline or Senior Lecturer in Disc…
Columbia University School of Professional Studies
Vice Provost for Research and Creative Activity
Greenwood/Asher & Associates
Associate Provost for Student Success and Foundin…
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
Assistant Vice President for Admissions
West Chester University of Pennsylvania