Assistant Provost, Accreditation and Quality Improvement
Des Moines University is currently seeking applicants for the Assistant Provost for Accreditation and Quality Improvement. This position is responsible for strategic leadership to ensure the continued accreditation of the academic programs at DMU, substantive change and new program accreditation, as well as program reviews for non-accredited programs. The incumbent will provide expert advice and leadership in designing and implementing continued quality improvement (CQI) programs at all academic levels. The position leads the institutional assessment and evaluation efforts for student outcomes and programmatic vitality, and monitors, advises and consults colleges and programs within the institution on assessment and evaluation, accreditation and quality improvement. Applying the guiding principle of “One University”, the position works towards developing a campus-wide culture of CQI, monitors institutional and programmatic accreditation compliance, and program integrity.
Founded in 1898 in Iowa’s capital city, Des Moines University is a postgraduate medical university comprised of three colleges – College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery and College of Health Sciences – that offer eight graduate degree programs. Des Moines University combines the top advantages in medical education available today: an expert faculty, a rigorous and relevant curriculum, state-of-the-art facilities, a dynamic and diverse research environment, and a supportive, inclusive community of students and faculty active in learning and service. By consistently producing outstanding graduates who excel in their careers, DMU maintains one of the strongest reputations in the sphere of American medical education.
- Earned Terminal Degree (e.g., PhD, EdD, DO, MD, etc.) from a regionally and/or professionally accredited institution; Doctoral degrees in Education, Assessment, Health Sciences or Information Technology preferred.
- Three years of experience working in Higher Education leadership role(s) at departmental, college or university level.
- Knowledge and experience in applying the principles of Continued Quality Improvement.
- Experience with managing institutional accreditation with HLC or another regional accrediting body (e.g., SACS, WASC/WSCUC, etc.).
- Experience with managing professional program accreditation is strongly preferred.
- Experience with substantive change and accreditation of new programs is strongly preferred.
- Experience at a health sciences university is strongly preferred.
For complete job description, benefit summary, or to apply visit www.dmu.edu/employment. Please submit curriculum vitae, cover letter and contact information for three professional references at time of online submission. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Des Moines University is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information and other characteristics protected by law (“protected class”). Applications from candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Dean of the School of Business
Rutgers University – Camden
DIRECTOR OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND DEPUTY TITLE IX…
Dean, School of Public Health
Texas A&M University
MBA Program Director, Full-time Faculty position,…
Mount Saint Mary's University
Glen H. Hiner Dean, Statler College of Engineerin…
West Virginia University