Lecturer - Screenwriting (Film)
- CUNY Brooklyn College
- Brooklyn, NY
Lecturer - Screenwriting (Film)
Job ID: 19874
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Brooklyn College of the City University of New York (CUNY) invites applications for a full-time Lecturer position in the Department of Film with a starting date in August 2019.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Performs teaching and related faculty functions in area(s) of expertise.
- Conduct research in screenwriting.
- Participate in public and professional activities in screenwriting.
- Provide student guidance and mentorship in screenwriting.
Brooklyn College is a microcosm of the ethnically rich borough of Brooklyn it serves as well as a mirror of the wide diversity in New York City itself. A vibrant, intellectually engaged community, our student body comprises individuals from 150 countries, speaking 105 different languages, many of whom are the first in their family to attend college. The College transforms lives by providing access to outstanding undergraduate and graduate programs in the arts and sciences, business, education, and a vibrant general education curriculum in the liberal arts and sciences.
- Bachelor's degree in Film or related field from an accredited institution.
- Ability to teach undergraduate or graduate courses is required.
- MFA in film or related disciplines.
Salary commensurate with experience and credentials. All appointments are subject to financial availability.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
There are two steps to the application process.
STEP ONE – Submit Application by visiting https://cuny.jobs/brooklyn-college/new-jobs/
Applicants should upload the following in .doc, .pdf, or .rtf format:
- An application letter indicating the Lecturer - Screenwriting position; and should detail how their teaching, service and/or scholarship has supported the success of students from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in their academic fields; applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work would further CUNY’s commitment to diversity.
- Current curriculum vitae
- A short and a feature screenplay in .doc or .pdf format.
- Two syllabi for screenwriting classes
STEP TWO – Submit Reference Contact Information by visiting www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/hrref/?163
All applicants are required to have three confidential letters of recommendation submitted electronically by their recommenders by visiting the link above and entering the contact information for three (3) recommenders.
The online system will automatically email your recommenders a request to submit a letter via the system. Full instructions will be provided.
Emailed or hard copy applications will not be considered.
February 18, 2019
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer
More search results
D.C. Virgo Preparatory Academy Operations Coordin…
University of North Carolina Wilmington
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor (HS Clin, …
University of California, San Diego
Fullt-Time Lecturer - Computer Science
Cal Poly Computer Science
Associate Director of Student Health & Wellness
CSU Channel Islands
Harper-Bourne Chair of Excellence and Director of…
Austin Peay State University