Director Event Design and Management
Job Description Summary:
Job ID:6720 Unclassified FT (Salary)
The Director, Event Design and Management is responsible for providing oversight of the development, design and execution of events across all stages of planning and production for University Advancement special events. Directs the efforts of the special events staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the department. Events range from presidential visits to large donor or alumni events on campus and around the country. This position will report to the Assistant Vice President, Advancement Communications, Marketing and Events.
- Responsible for the strategic planning and coordination of events related to the division of University Advancement. This role requires the effective planning, supervision and implementation of events that substantially impact the University from the standpoint of perception by alumni, friends, prospective and current donors, and current students. Position will provide oversight for all aspects of University Advancement special events.
- Supervise, train, and mentor the special events staff. Work in close coordination with the entire Communications, Marketing, and Events team and the Alumni Association to focus events and manage relationships.
- Oversee and manage all technological needs of division-sponsored activities, both on and off campus, in the areas of audio visual equipment, computer hardware, photography, and videography.
- Collaborate with alumni relations, development, stewardship, athletics and university advancement communications staff to develop logistically sound and effective events to maximize alumni and donor engagement. This includes:developing goals, objectives, invite lists, creative event design, event programming, and post-event follow-up; coordinating event logistics; troubleshooting and providing effective and timely solutions; providing project management oversight, on-site event support, and exceptional customer service.
- Provide recommendations, monitoring of event metrics, and analytical profiles of event invitees and attendees to enhance data-driven strategy and decisionmaking.
- Responsible for the creation of a variety of media presentations, including but not limited to: digital video (for web and live audience), Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, digital audio editing, and digital photography management.
- Conduct research, make site visits and solicit resources for the selection and evaluation of event sites locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Serve as primary point of contact with offsite venue contacts on all event-related matters, including but not limited to: negotiation of contracts; coordination of event food and beverage, audio visual needs, photography, and room blocks; ensuring appropriate décor, customer service, and other quality standards.
- Oversee the maintenance and servicing of event equipment; establish and maintain equipment service contracts for division renting and buying of equipment (hardware, software and accessories); coordinate with internal and external vendors; anticipate future needs to effectively plan and implement changes to hardware, software and procedures.
- Provide support as necessary to all university advancement events, consult or serve on divisional or university committees, and other duties as may be required for the successful engagement of alumni and donors.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of progressively responsible event planning experience in a conference and event setting with a consistent increase in responsibility including leadership, management and supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. High level of organizational skills, including the ability to simultaneously manage a large variety of tasks and set priorities. A commitment to strong customer service is essential. Able to deal with the pressure of deadlines. Must be a self-starter who can work independently but also able to work effectively within a team environment. Proficient in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Excel. Willingness to travel and work weekends/evenings as needed.
6 or more years of experience in event planning. Experience with event planning in a higher education or a non-profit organization. Experience with Ellucian Banner ERP and iModules.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
More search results
Dean of the School of Education
SUNY New Paltz
Director of Student Success Analytics
University of Oregon - Division of Undergraduate Education and Student Success
Director of Psy.D. Program/Director of Counseling
HEAD, DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED MATHEMATICS AND STATI…
Johns Hopkins University
Department Head, Industrial and Manufacturing Eng…
Pennsylvania State University