Associate Vice Chancellor for Institutional Research, Effectiveness and Planning
- North Carolina Central University
- Durham, NC
Position level: Associate Vice Chancellor for Institutional Research, Effectiveness and Planning
Reports to: Provost & Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Position Summary: North Carolina Central University (NCCU) is currently seeking applicants for the Associate Vice Chancellor for Institutional Research, Effectiveness, and Planning (IREP). As a member of the Provost's leadership team, this position serves as a strategic partner in creating an environment that promotes and supports using research and data analysis to guide decision making and institutional improvement. The AVC leads the development of a comprehensive integrated system of data collection, research, assessment, evaluation and reporting that supports strategic academic and operational planning. S/he evaluates progress on key goals, works with faculty to assure academic quality, and seeks solutions to achieve effective programs and operations. The AVC is responsible for proactive questioning and targeted research and analysis on a wide range of institutional and academic issues and synthesizing diverse data points into a coherent set of actionable findings and recommendations. Additionally, the ideal candidate will serve a pivotal role in creating an environment of assessment that promotes the usage of research and data analysis to support continuous improvements of strategic priorities and functions of the University. Furthermore, the AVC for IREP will be responsible for guiding the University's efforts to demonstrate: compliance of accreditation standards in a timely manner; submission of reports at local, state and federal levels; and fulfillment of the institutional mission.
• Support the work of decision-makers at all levels within the University by tracking appropriate metrics and providing information and analyses necessary to make data-driven decisions.
• Demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of effective, appropriate and rigorous institutional research and assessment in the current higher education context
• Envision and lead the procurement and maintenance of state-of-the-art data analytics and visualization capabilities campus-wide.
• Demonstrate leadership and management skills, a capacity to work and communicate productively with multiple stakeholders, and perspectives to collaboratively address complex data and analysis needs
• Be flexible, intellectually curious, and able to manage details and big ideas concurrently
• Have the ability to collect and analyze data, and to build effective partnerships and collaborate across the institution to help forge the consensus needed to advance the University's mission.
• Supervise, mentor, train, and evaluate staff
• Work with other units on campus to guide, design, and conduct research to support academic planning, decision-making, enrollment management, accreditation and program assessment in support of increasing academic excellence and improving student learning outcomes.
• Establish partnerships with key administrative units on campus including but not limited to Administration and Finance, Student Affairs, Information Technology Services and Human Resources.
• Have the ability to translate data analysis into usable information for decision-making and policy analysis
• Maintain a strong commitment to customer service and ability to prioritize.
• A master's degree (doctorate preferred) in a related field of study is required.
• Possess both the capacity to understand how data systems interact with multiple institutional functions, and the managerial expertise to collaboratively devise solutions to meet multiple needs.
• Three to five years of job-related experience.
• Have proven skills in working with senior leadership, while demonstrating integrity, credibility, sound judgment, and tact
• Evidence of experience in data translation; advanced data management; statistical analyses and predictive modeling analysis of short and long-term trends critical to strategic planning, financial decision-making, and reporting to internal and external constituencies.
• Comprehensive skills and programming experience with relational database software Microsoft BI stack, business intelligence tools, and OLAP structures.
• Advanced proficiency in relevant components of Microsoft Office, including Access and Excel.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
Ability to effectively interact with internal and external constituents of diverse backgrounds and present detailed and complex data in different formats and to different audiences.
• Prior experience with OLAP, Banner by Ellucian, and experience working with and supporting Tableau are strongly preferred
Applicants should submit the following:
• Letter of Interest
• Leadership Philosophy Statement
• Unofficial Transcript
• List of 3 references
To apply, visit: https://jobs.nccu.edu
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor (HS Clin, …
University of California, San Diego
Assistant Director, Residential Education
Executive Director, Enterprise Services
West Chester University
Vice President for Academic Initiatives and Trans…
American Association of State Colleges and Universities
Associate Provost and Executive Director of Caree…