- California State University, Sacramento
- Sacramento, California
The Department of Design at California State University, Sacramento is currently accepting applications for a full-time tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of Interior Architecture.
Currently, the Bachelor of Arts degree in Interior Design is one of three degrees, along with the B.A. in Photography and B.S. in Graphic Design that form the Department of Design which is housed in the College of Arts & Letters.
The programs comprising the Department of Design instruct students in areas of technical and aesthetic expertise, broaden their understanding of the history and theory of design, as well as ground students in the variety of cultural and professional practices necessary to be an effective photographer, interior architect, or graphic designer.
The Department of Design is in the process of transforming its curricular structure. The B.A. in Interior Design is being replaced by a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Architecture. This process should be complete by Fall 2019 and is contingent on final program authorization from the CSU Chancellor’s Office, WASC and NASAD.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The teaching of lecture and studio classes with a concentration on interior architectural design, graphics, and history. Instruction responsibilities may include design studios, computer drawing labs and architectural history courses. Will also contribute to the ongoing administrative tasks of running the Interior Architecture program, including student advising, the hiring and mentoring of part-time faculty, course scheduling, and other related activities. The retention, tenure and promotion process at the Department, College and University levels at Sacramento State involves reviews of the individual’s ongoing pursuits in the areas of teaching, scholarly and professional activity, and service to the Department, College, University and community.
• Master of Architecture (M.ARCH), Master of Interior Architecture (M.I.A.) or Master of Arts (M.A.) or Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) in Interior Architecture or Interior Design.
Special Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of architectural design methods, principles, practices and processes, including research and concept development, as demonstrated by your academic or professional work and/or your students’ work.
- Demonstrated knowledge of architectural graphics needed for design presentation and construction documentation, including knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit & rendering software.
- Knowledge of Western and non-Western architectural history
- College or university level teaching experience in studio and lecture courses.
- Experience working with students and colleagues of diverse backgrounds and experiences in a team-based environment.
- Experience in professional practice
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate diverse users’ needs, values, & experiences into professional architectural practice.
- Experience with instruction in computer labs and with basic maintenance of hardware and software
This is a full-time tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank beginning in the Fall 2019 semester. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and professional experience.
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications on January 16, 2019. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Application for employment requires:
- Letter of interest
- Statement of teaching philosophy and creative practice
- Current curriculum vita
- Contact information for three professional references
- One letter of recommendation
- Examples of personal work
- Unofficial transcripts attesting to highest degree earned
- (for candidates with teaching experience) Examples of students’ work and sample syllabi
In addition, applicants are invited to submit a statement describing their approach to teaching and pursing creative/scholarly activity in a culturally diverse academic community.
The letter of recommendation (# 5 above) should be e mailed directly by the recommender to Professor Shelly Duff at email@example.com. E mailed letters should have "Sac State INTA Search" in the subject line. Applications will not be considered complete until the recommendation letter has arrived.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON APPLYING
More search results
Vice President for Equity and Inclusion
University of New Mexico
Vice President for Development
Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) Foundation
Vice President for Communications and Public Rela…
American Association of State Colleges and Universities
Research Technician II
Research Foundation for SUNY
Assistant Professor, Architecture
University of Central Florida, School of Visual Arts & Design