Senior Director of Talent Acquisition & Compensation
- Elgin Community College
- Elgin, IL
- Commensurate with experience
Senior Director of Talent Acquisition & Compensation
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Oversees and monitors all recruitment and on-boarding activities, which ensure all operations deliver an exceptional staff and candidate experience. Responsible for the development and implementation of innovative recruiting strategies that maximize recruiting efficiency and secure high quality, diverse talent for the institution. Works with team members to develop a workforce plan designed to support institutional and strategic goals and objectives.
Oversees and monitors the management of the College's compensation and classification functions, which include position management, position classification, job descriptions, and compensation. Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies and procedures, performs periodic benchmarking of competitor compensation practices, and makes recommendations for revisions. Will assist the CHRO in developing and maintaining a college-wide compensation philosophy.
1. Oversee all activities within the Talent Acquisition Department, which includes job postings, pre-qualification screening, interviewing, background checks, initial salary placement, hiring, and onboarding.
2. Responsible for the management of the Talent Management System, including implementation and system upgrades.
3. In collaboration with the Purchasing Department, manage vendor relationships, negotiating services and managing costs.
4. Build applicant sources by researching and contacting colleges/universities, professional organizations, recruiters, and others. Leverage social networking and other cutting-edge recruiting technologies and tools to connect with a broad and diverse talent network. Organize and attend job and career fairs.
5. Develop and maintain metrics on recruiting including cost per hire, days to fill, and new employee satisfaction. Track workforce trends, assess the impact and ensure that significant new developments are incorporated into current and future strategies. Analyze and interpret HR data including turnover data and identify opportunity areas as well as develop plans to address concerns with both retention and compensation.
6. Oversee all activities within the Compensation and Classification Department, which includes position management, position classification, job descriptions, and compensation.
7. Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, schedules, and procedures.
8. Provide support and perform research as needed for the Board collective bargaining teams relative to compensation strategies.
9. Work with divisions/departments to develop a workforce plan designed to support institutional and strategic goals and objectives.
10. Work with the CHRO and HR team on keeping administrative procedures current, and recommending new administrative procedures when appropriate.
11. Continuously review processes to identify areas for improvement and assist in implementing changes.
1. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Human Resources or a Human Resources related field from four-year college or university.
2. Minimum of five (5) years of related Human Resources experience showing a progression of increasing responsibilities.
3. Minimum of three (3) years previous leadership experience with direct supervisory responsibility.
4. Experience in managing the full cycle of recruiting including job postings, pre-qualification screening, interviewing, background checks, hiring, and onboarding.
5. Experience with managing a talent management system.
6. Experience in implementing and improving recruiting processes.
7. Knowledge of social media sourcing tools.
8. Experience with position management, position classification, development of job descriptions, and compensation.
9. Knowledge of state and national laws that have a bearing on compensation practices including the Fair Labor and Standards Act (FLSA), DOL, and EEOC.
10. Experience with job and compensation evaluation methodologies.
11. Knowledge of base pay design/administration including job evaluation, benchmarking, and market analysis.
12. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
13. Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong organization and prioritizations skills.
14. Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
15. Ability to analyze problems and develop creative and innovative solutions.
16. Superior skills in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
17. Demonstrated excellence in customer relations and building strong relationships at all levels within the organization.
18. Experience in developing and maintaining advertising and departmental budgets.
19. Demonstrated commitment of the value of diversity and inclusion.
1. Certification through SHRM, TMI, or a similar organization is desirable.
2. Experience in higher education and a union environment highly desirable.
3. Minimum of Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in planning and implementing compensation and employment activities for a wide range of employee groups in an educational, service or other industrial organization is strongly preferred.
4. Current Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) is highly preferred.
5. PageUp experience preferred.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at:
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.
More search results
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Af…
University at Albany
Executive Vice President and Provost
Sul Ross State University
Instructor / Assistant Professor Automotive Techn…
Suffolk County Community College
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor (HS Clin, …
University of California, San Diego
Chancellor of Delgado Community College
Delgado Community College