- New Jersey City University
- Jersey City, NJ
New Jersey City University
Senior Vice President/Provost
New Jersey City University (NJCU) seeks applications and nominations for its next Senior Vice President / Provost.
Founded in 1929, NJCU is proud of its designation as a minority serving (MSI) and HSIpanic serving (HSI) institution. Its mission is one of a state affiliated comprehensive urban university meeting the educational needs of its diverse local population as well as students from around the globe. NJCU's student body of over 8,300 undergraduate and graduate students take advantage of its 41 undergraduate and 28 graduate degree programs offered within the: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Education, College of Professional Studies and School of Business. NJCU's annual operating budget is approximately $200 million. The institution employs over 250 tenure track faculty and more than 400 adjunct faculty - bringing a wide range of field practitioner expertise to the classroom.
Located across the river from New York City and minutes away from midtown Manhattan, Jersey City is the second largest city in New Jersey. The rich culture and prime location are attracting industry and residents at a HSItoric rate, making it one of the hottest real estate markets in the nation. NJCU continues to be a lead partner in tHSI renaissance.
The Provost / Senior Vice President will serve as the Chief Academic Officer of the University and will work collaboratively with the President, faculty, Deans, and Vice Presidents to further the academic mission of the institution and the success of its students. The Provost will report to Dr. Sue Henderson, who is in the midst of her 6th year as NJCU's president. The Provost will collaborate with faculty and Student Affairs to enhance academic rigor and student success, and will work with the President on unique community initiatives.
The successful applicant must demonstrate a track record of (1) working with diverse student populations; (2) success in previous leadership roles at the Director, Dean or equivalent level; (3) scholarship and teaching that would qualify the applicant for the rank of full Professor at NJCU; and (4) experience with shared governance processes and policies. In addition, the successful candidate shall exhibit leadership-level competencies related to:
- Increasing persistence, retention and graduation rates
- Collaborating, coordinating and communicating effectively across all campus constituencies and with the senior executive team
- Understanding and maintaining deep, detailed knowledge related to assessment and accreditation; best practices in pedagogy; and trends in higher education
- Developing and maintaining a record of continuous professional growth
- Conceptualizing and implementing strategic plans
- Supporting and promoting research and scholarly activities on campus and engaging students in research opportunities
- Manifesting a vision for the academic needs of the institution and the courage to make bold recommendations for future growth
- Utilizing budgetary and financial acumen to identify opportunities for revenue growth and cost savings, including the development of educational public/private partnerships
Academic Search, Inc. is assisting the university to recruit an exceptional leader to take office in early Summer 2019. The search will remain open until filled but applications should be submitted by December 28, 2018. Electronic submissions should be sent to NJCUProvost@academic-search.com. Confidential inquiries regarding nominations or interest in the position should be directed to Senior Consultant Jessica Kozloff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about tHSI position and the university can be found in the Leadership Profile on the Academic Search website: http://apptrkr.com/1322390
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
VICE CHANCELLOR FOR ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT AND STU…
Purdue University Northwest
Director of Marketing
Princeton University Press
MNO Visiting Professor #53824
Southern Methodist University
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Finance
Michigan State University
Assistant Instructor / Instructor
Michigan State University