Dean of Eckelkamp College of Global Business and Professional Studies
- Fontbonne University
- St. Louis, MO
Fontbonne University, a private, Catholic, liberal arts university located in St. Louis, Missouri, welcomes nominations and applications for the position of Dean of Eckelkamp College of Global Business and Professional Studies. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean is the chief academic, fiscal and administrative officer of the College and provides leadership both for the faculty within the college and among the administration of the wider University. The Dean plays a leadership role in fundraising and representing the College to the external community.
The Dean of Eckelkamp College of Global Business and Professional Studies is responsible for:
- All aspects of curriculum planning and development
- Faculty and staff evaluation and development
- Budget and facilities
- Setting priorities, policies, and budgets for the college
- Working closely with faculty, staff, administrators, and students
- Sustaining an environment of academic excellence
- Supporting an inclusive working and learning environment
- Promoting collaboration and cooperation among academic units
- Providing encouragement and support for academic research and industry partnerships
- Building and maintaining close relationships with alumni and the community
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Providing vision, leadership, and support for high quality undergraduate and graduate academic programs in the College
- Leading collaborations among College faculty and staff, Enrollment Management, and regional business communities to build enrollment for College programs
- Building and balancing a portfolio of programs at both the Clayton and West campuses, and working collaboratively to promote programs at the West campus.
- Collaboratively leading strategic planning and execution of initiatives within the College
- Working to insure that College programs remain in good standing with their respective accrediting bodies
- Coordinating with departmental chairs and/or program directors to implement the curriculum and programs of the College
- Overseeing the recruitment, hiring, development, and evaluation of full-time and part- time faculty
- Supervising and evaluating College staff
- Working closely with departments to develop, support, and evaluate new majors and programs
- Developing, overseeing, and administering budgets within the College
- Overseeing program reviews and assessment with College departments and building a culture of continuous improvement
- Advancing faculty and student research and creative activity
- Collaborating with College departments and other campus units, e.g., Academic Advising, Kinkel Center for Academic Resources, Student Affairs, to promote student learning and success using innovative and data-driven approaches
- Representing the College in Deans’ Council meetings and serving as liaison to the Office of Academic Affairs
- Serving as an advocate for the College, collaborating closely with campus offices and constituencies to create a cohesive identify that reflects strengths within the College
- Working with the Office of Advancement to secure external funds in support of the College’s programs from private donors, foundations, and public funding agencies.
- Addressing student academic and disciplinary issues through application and enforcement of university and College policies
- Maintaining close ties with alumni, benefactors and other constituents to promote the advancement of the College and the University
Minimum Qualifications: Earned terminal degree; and a minimum of 5 years of successful administrative leadership experience at the level of department chair or above (or industry equivalent)
- Previous successful administrative experience at a college level
- Familiarity with the St. Louis business and industry community
- Experience with business program accreditation, e.g., Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Experience working collaboratively to build programs and grow enrollment in a private university setting
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build high-quality, rigorous and innovative programs
- Familiarity with the higher education environment for small, private universities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a leadership capacity with administrators, faculty, staff, and students in an environment of shared decision-making and governance
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Appreciation for the mission of the College and the University and commitment to academic excellence, diversity and social justice
- Demonstrated experience and skills in fiscal management and strategic planning
- Ability to effectively raise external funds
About Fontbonne University
Founded in 1923 and sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, the university is committed to a transformative education and inspiring students to become global citizens who think critically, act ethically and serve responsibly. The University is a private, Catholic, liberal arts university located in St. Louis that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in a values-based, student-centered environment. Fontbonne University fosters excellence, integrity, respect, diversity, community, justice, service, faith and Catholic identity. The university serves nearly 1,400 culturally diverse students and strives to make private education more affordable and accessible.
About St. Louis, Missouri
Fontbonne University is located in Clayton, Missouri, a beautiful suburb in the heart of the St. Louis metropolitan area, just a mile from historic Forest Park and minutes from wonderful attractions such as the Delmar Loop entertainment district, the Gateway Arch, Grand Center Arts District, the Saint Louis Zoo and Busch Stadium. St. Louis is home to 10 Fortune 500 companies and offers a wide array of cultural, entertainment and social attractions. Boasting one of the highest standards of living among American cities of one million or more, as well as below-average housing costs, living options are plentiful, ranging from downtown apartments and older homes in vibrant urban neighborhoods, to cozy close-in suburbs and outlying areas with more elbow room.
Fontbonne University is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt~Fennell, Executive Search. Submit nominations and application materials to Fontbonne@Hyatt-Fennell.com. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references, in separate documents. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential and should be submitted prior to January 7, 2019 to receive full consideration.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Fontbonne University treats every person with respect and dignity, regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Fontbonne University maintains a strong commitment to diversity and strives to increase the number of faculty, staff and students from all backgrounds. We welcome candidates with a demonstrated commitment to and success working in diverse communities dedicated to inclusion and equity.