Assistant Professor, Socio-Cultural & Behavioral Aspects of Health & Wellness
CAL POLY POMONA TENURE-TRACK FACULTY POSITION
KINESIOLOGY—SOCIO-CULTURAL & BEHAVIORAL ASPECTS OF HEALTH & WELLNESS
The Kinesiology and Health Promotion (KHP) Department in the College of Science at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin Fall 2019.
The Position: The faculty member will teach discipline specific undergraduate and graduate lecture courses and labs in the area of socio-cultural and behavioral aspects of health and wellness. They will be expected to develop courses in socio-cultural and behavioral aspects of health in the Kinesiology and Health Promotion Department curriculum. The position requires excellence in teaching, professional and scholarly achievements, and a commitment to university and community service. The successful candidate will demonstrate the potential to mentor undergraduate and graduate students, supervise senior projects, direct Master’s Degree theses and serve on thesis committees, and develop and maintain a scholarly research program that will facilitate acquisition of internal and external funding and enhance graduate student recruitment. The candidate is also expected to be active in professional societies and serve on department, college, and university committees.
By August 1, 2019, the candidate must:
- Hold a Ph.D. or Doctorate in Kinesiology, Socio-Cultural and Behavioral Aspects of Health and Wellness, or a closely related field from an accredited institution;
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and/or service, as well as experience working in an inclusive environment;
- Have a strong academic background in socio-cultural and behavioral aspects of health and wellness;
- Demonstrate proficiency in college teaching in socio-cultural and behavioral aspects of health and wellness;
- Demonstrate achievements in scholarly research; and,
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- An academic and research background in socio-cultural and behavioral studies
of health, sport, and exercise with a focus on diversity and equity issues;
- An academic and research background in public health or in health and wellness;
- Experience teaching research methods and research design;
- Postdoctoral research experience; and,
- Success in obtaining external funding for research.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
Date of Appointment: The University seeks to fill the position by Fall 2019. Consideration of completed applications will begin on November 30 and will continue until the position is filled.
For an expanded position announcement and detailed application information visit (http://apply.interfolio.com/55324) or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
More search results
Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Associate Vice Provost for Student Financial Serv…
Virginia Commonwealth University
Director of Operations, Mills Legal Clinic, Stanf…
Stanford Law School - Mills Legal Clinic
Postdoctoral Associate in Biomedical Engineering
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech)
Northwestern University in Qatar