Executive Director Institutional Culture
Whitman School of Management, Syracuse University
The Executive Director will play a lead role in fostering a shared commitment to a common purpose and a set of core values through leading the implementation and coordination of activities, programs, and communications that will actualize the Whitman School’s core values in alignment with its strategic plan, particularly diversity and inclusion.
The Executive Director will touch all aspects of decision-making, from recruitment of students, staff and faculty to strategic planning, student counseling and external relations.
- Provide leadership in shaping and creating the school’s diversity and inclusion initiatives that advance Whitman School of Managements core values for all members including students, faculty, staff and volunteers.
- Oversee and plan programs, workshops, and training sessions for the entire community to promote the school’s effort to build and maintain an environment that is inclusive and diverse, so that students feel safe and supported.
- Serve as a leader, advisor and subject matter expert supporting the schools core values around diversity and inclusion and track progress toward these goals.
- Work with Department Chairs to help guide the creation of inclusive classrooms, recognizing the importance of diversity of thought, culture and learning styles in the classroom.
- Work closely with recruitment and admissions for both undergraduate and graduate programs ensuring exemplary recruiting practices that improve the schools diversity and inclusion.
- Provide leadership, mentor-ship and advocacy to students, faculty and staff, specifically underrepresented members or those who are especially dedicated to diversity and inclusion.
- Assist in securing private, corporate, and foundation funding to support initiatives related to fostering and actualizing the school’s common purpose and core values, including diversity and inclusion.
- Assist in planning and implementation of alumni engagement initiatives that support the school’s common purpose and core values, including diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Work closely with the schools Senior HR Business Consultant, faculty and staff to create and cultivate inclusive and diverse teams at Whitman.
- Chair/co-chair the One Whitman Council. The committee’s purpose is to advance and promote our core values.
- Advanced degree with 5 years’ experience or bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 year’s relevant experience.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Minimum 7 years within an academic setting creating and directing diversity and inclusion programs.
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills to a diverse group of internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work with and for diverse students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Please apply at https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/77104 job #035041 and attach a cover letter and resume. Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities.
More search results
VICE CHANCELLOR FOR ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT AND STU…
Purdue University Northwest
Director of Marketing
Princeton University Press
MNO Visiting Professor #53824
Southern Methodist University
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Finance
Michigan State University
Assistant Instructor / Instructor
Michigan State University