Senior Vice President for Administrative and Fiscal Services
- Montgomery College
- Rockville, MD
Senior Vice President for Administrative and Fiscal Services
Montgomery College (Maryland) invites inquiries, applications, and nominations for the position of Senior Vice President for Administrative and Fiscal Services (SVP AFS), to begin no later than July 1, 2019. This position reports directly to the President of the College and leads the administrative operations of Montgomery College to advance the mission, strategic plan, master plans, and goals of the College.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission community college. Led by the president, DeRionne P. Pollard, PhD—a recipient of the Carnegie Corporation of New York Academic Leadership Award—Montgomery College is dedicated to equity and inclusion, student success and is widely recognized for the quality and scope of its postsecondary education programs. Located in Montgomery County, Maryland, a dynamic, diverse, economically robust jurisdiction of more than one million people that is adjacent to Washington, DC, and 30 miles south of Baltimore. The College is governed by a 10-member Board of Trustees appointed by the Governor of Maryland. It serves nearly 55,000 students in both credit noncredit students programs on its three campuses in Takoma Park/Silver Spring, Rockville, and Germantown, at off-site locations and community engagement centers, and online. The Chronicle of Higher Education's 2018 ranking of Colleges with the Greatest Ethnic and Racial Diversity listed Montgomery College seventh in the nation.
Do you want to join us in our mission to provide an exceptional education experience and foster student success all in an effort to empower our students to change their lives? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to meeting this mission.
The SVP will provide collegewide senior leadership, leadership to the Administrative and Fiscal Services Division, and strong fiscal stewardship to ensure the College's financial wellbeing and operational reliability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide collegewide senior leadership
Advises the president and collaborates with members of the senior administrative leadership team on matters relating to finance; operating, capital, and auxiliary budgets; human resources and strategic talent management, including collective bargaining; information technology; and facilities and public safety.
- Provide leadership to the Administrative and Fiscal Services Division
Supervises business services (which has procurement, financial accounting and reporting, banking and treasury, and management and budget), facilities and public safety (includes capital budgeting), human resources and strategic talent management (includes collective bargaining), information technology, along with key auxiliary services.
- Provide strong fiscal stewardship to ensure the College's financial wellbeing and operational reliability
Ensures strong stewardship of the College's financial services in alignment with approved budgets and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and standards. Ensures the fiscal and legal requirements of federal, state and county governments and bond holders are satisfied. Delivers fiscally sustainable budgets to protect affordable tuition and the College's access mission.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution is required in disciplines such as business, finance, accounting, economics, public administration or educational administration.
- Successful progressively responsible experience in supervision and team building, fiscal management, in areas such as finance, budget development and implementation, organizational management, or education administration.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting senior leadership vision and institutional priorities.
- Demonstrated abilities to manage a division with broad span of responsibilities, project management and in proactive approaches identifying problems and creating innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to convey complex information in accessible terms.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity to analyze problems, determine solutions, and take decisive action leading to successful results and outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity to anticipate conditions and plan ahead to overcome challenges or capitalize on opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity of being an innovative financial leader able to develop, analyze, and implement effective and innovative budget, financial, and/or administrative strategies.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity to think strategically and recommend solutions to complex business, financial and daily operational challenges that advance the College, the community college mission, and, in particular, goal attainment, cost-savings, revenue generation, and affordable tuition.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity of leadership including commitment to equity and inclusion, and superior interpersonal skills to manage and coach employees to build strong, trusting, and credible relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity to work at the direction of a president or chief executive officer with an institution's governing body.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity to work collaboratively with state and local finance and budget decision-makers and counterparts at other county agencies.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity to build strong awareness of governmental, political, and legislative processes.
- Track record of engaging and contributing to larger organizational plans and goals such as student success beyond the confines of typical position-related functions (e.g., beyond finance and administration).
- Doctorate or terminal degree from an accredited institution in business administration, finance, accounting, economics, public administration, educational administration, or other relevant degree.
- Experience leading and managing change via transparent and collaborative teamwork.
- Administrative/executive work experience in public higher education including a deep understanding of culture, trends, and mission.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and explore options to maximize facilities, technology, human capital, and fiscal resources to advance student success.
- Experience at a community college.
- Deep understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
- Senior-/Executive-level experience overseeing complex financial and/or business operations and/or programs.
The full search profile can be found at: http://academic-search.com/sites/default/files/MontgomerySVP.pdf
Applications should consist of a substantive and illustrative cover letter addressing the qualifications and desired attributes, resume/curriculum vitae, and a list of at least five professional references with full contact information and a note indicating the nature of your working relationship with each. References will be contacted only with explicit permission from the candidate. All applications submitted by December 9th, 2018 will receive full consideration. Applications, nominations and expressions of interest can be submitted in confidence to: www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
Montgomery College is being assisted for the search for the Senior Vice President for Administrative and Fiscal Services by Academic Search, Inc. Confidential discussions about this opportunity may be arranged by contacting Senior Consultant, Nancy Suttenfield at email@example.com.
By College's policy and search committee affirmation, all information from and about candidates will be kept in strict confidence. All applications should be submitted by December 9th, 2018.
Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Dean, College of Engineering, Informatics, and Ap…
Northern Arizona University
VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
University of Louisiana at Monroe
Vice President for Institutional Equity/Chief Div…
College of St. Scholastica
Dean of the College of Natural, Behavioral, and H…