Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Arkansas Tech University
- Russellville, AR
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Arkansas Tech University
Arkansas Tech University, a comprehensive public institution, invites applications for the position of Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA). The new VPAA is to assume office in July 1, 2019, or as soon as possible thereafter.
The university is in Russellville, Arkansas, the county seat and largest city in Pope County. Overall, there are more than ten divisions of Fortune 500 companies, including Tyson Foods, Inc. Russellville is known for its local music, art scene and historic downtown area. Recreational activities include those on Lake Dardanelle, Mt. Nebo and other state parks.
Arkansas Tech University, a student-centered institution with enrollment of over 12,000 students, is the third largest institution of higher education in the state. Offering programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, Tech welcomed its first doctoral cohort in the summer of 2015.
The VPAA reports to President Robin Bowen, who has been at Tech since 2014, and oversees an annual budget of $50 million and 500 faculty and staff. The VPAA is a member of the University Executive Council. The VPAA has primary responsibility for the leadership, administration and development of academic programs, promotes and facilitates continued excellence within the faculty, and strives for efficiencies in operations. Additional areas of oversight include the University Library, Honors Program, Museum, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Student Success, Institutional Assessment, Academic Advising, Registrar, Sponsored Programs and Information Systems.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution with a record of achievement as a university teacher-scholar (candidate should qualify for appointment at the rank of full professor in one of the academic disciplines of the University).
- A successful academic leader in higher education with at least three years' experience at the level of Dean, Director, or an equivalent higher level senior academic leadership position.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in leading and advocating for the academic division of the university
- A commitment to implementing student success initiatives
- Evidence of experience in development and/or implementing a strategic plan
- Experience in advancing research at a comprehensive teaching university
- Experience advancing diversity from historically underrepresented groups with a record of fostering an inclusive environment
- Financial, personnel management, and budget development experience
- A successful record of collegial/shared governance and distributed leadership
- Demonstration of current HR knowledge, processes
- A background in developing and implementing program development and other academic initiatives
- Willingness to integrate within the local, regional and state communities
- An understanding of and appreciation for the evolving role of technology in higher education
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a history of working effectively with colleagues across and beyond the campus; demonstration of service excellence
- A high level of professional integrity
Recruitment services are being provided by Academic Search. Applicants should electronically submit to ATUVPAA@academic-search.com. A complete application must include a curriculum vitae, a list of five references with full contact information (including email and telephone numbers) and a cover letter demonstrating how the applicant meets the required and preferred qualifications described above. Confidential conversations about the position may be held with Senior Consultant Jessica Kozloff at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the university and this position can be found at http://www.atu.edu or at https://academic-search.com/current-searches.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Dean of the School of Education
SUNY New Paltz
Director of Student Success Analytics
University of Oregon - Division of Undergraduate Education and Student Success
Director of Psy.D. Program/Director of Counseling
HEAD, DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED MATHEMATICS AND STATI…
Johns Hopkins University
Department Head, Industrial and Manufacturing Eng…
Pennsylvania State University