Chief Human Resource Officer
- Skidmore College
- Saratoga Springs, NY
Skidmore College located in Saratoga Springs, New York seeks a forward thinking, proactive, and collaborative leader for the position of Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO). Reporting to the Vice President for Finance & Administration and Treasurer, the CHRO will play an important role in providing strategic and operational leadership, advising on all aspects of human resources across the institution, facilitating a culture of change and best practice, and in building organizational capacity and expertise in human resources services and programs.
The Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) will be a proven business partner, mentor, builder of strong cross-functional teams, with a commitment to supporting and encouraging of the values of excellence, diversity, and inclusion. The CHRO will come to campus at an exciting time and will assess and ensure that the human resource function is aligned with the organizational goals in assessing, developing, and implementing appropriate human resource policies and procedures; providing effective programs to ensure the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce; directing compliance with federal and state statutes on issues of compensation, benefits, employment practices, HRIS, and health programs,; and maintaining effective communication with faculty, staff, and students about human resource issues such as training and development and performance management. The CHRO will model adaptability, agility, and creative problem solving; possess active listening and strong communication skills; have a presence that engenders trust, confidence and respect; and have the ability to lead by influence and example.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many of the following professional qualifications and personal qualities:
- 10+ years of progressively responsible Human Resources leadership experience; demonstrated success in leading, managing, and developing teams required.
- Extensive experience and functional/technical knowledge in all areas of Human Resources including benefits, compensation and classification, employment and labor law, organizational development, talent management and HRIS;
- Ability to engage, motivate, influence, and support collaboration and communication across the campus;
- Ability to articulate and operationalize a strategic vision for human resources; demonstrated success in contributing to the institution’s organizational strategy and HR programming; solid business acumen and judgement;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to quickly form trusting relationships and earn the respect and confidence of employees;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as confident presentation and influencing skills;
- Collaborative, consultative, decisive and genuine leadership style; foster open communications, and proactively build positive relationships with faculty, staff, and students;
- Demonstrated expertise with a record of achievement in presenting and evaluating proactive and competitive HR practices, and recommending courses of action to leadership;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong presentation and influencing skills;
- A commitment to innovation and creative thinking about how best to motivate and inspire a staff;
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in a related field; advanced degree preferred; and
- Higher education experience and an appreciation for a well-rounded liberal arts education are highly desirable.
Andy Evans, Managing Director, Beth Schaefer, Vice President and Charlotte Harris, Consultant of Koya Leadership Partners have been retained to assist Skidmore with this search. To express your interest in this role, please submit your materials, including your letter of interest and resume, here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Skidmore College is committed to fostering an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, institutions of higher education, and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information visit www.koyapartners.com.
More search results
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs @ UC Blue Ash
University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College
Missouri State University
RESIDENCE HALL DIRECTOR
Missouri State University
Executive Director of the BB&T Center for the Stu…
Wake Forest University
Assistant or Associate Professor of Applied Exerc…
Texas Christian University