Job Class: MnSCU Administrator 7 - 201801008
Closing Date: Open until filled
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State - System Office/Administrator’s Personnel Plan
Division/Unit: Academic and Student Affairs
Appointment Type: Unlimited - Full-time
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: M-F
Travel Required: Yes – 25%
Salary Range: $82,734- $132,378/annually
Classified Status: Unclassified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 220/Administrators Plan
FLSA Status: Exempt Executive
Location: St. Paul
This posting will remain open until filled.
The Civil Rights/Title IX Compliance Officer will serve as the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system lead to guide compliance efforts for federal and state nondiscrimination laws, along with the policies and procedures relevant to the Minnesota State College and Universities system. The incumbent will work directly with the Office of the General Counsel, the Office of Human Resources, Labor Designees, Academic and Student Affairs, campus leaders including Title IX designees, and other administrators to support and advance the areas of civil rights/Title IX compliance and policy review. Responsibilities include review and investigation of Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sexual Harassment, ADA/Section 504, Employment and Age discrimination. The incumbent will act with a high level of autonomy and will provide expertise and consultation to all Minnesota State colleges and universities.
Resume must reflect all minimum qualifications. Please enter your experience in chronological order, including the month and year of employment.
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of practical, relevant experience in civil rights compliance.
- Experience in:
- Civil rights/Title IX compliance, monitoring, and investigation (preferably in higher education)
- Leading and directing work to ensure compliance of Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sexual Harassment, ADA/Section 504, Employment and Age discrimination.
- Cultural competency and awareness appropriate to train faculty/staff/students and build relationships within communities of color
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Demonstrate excellent command of contemporary civil rights and equal opportunity laws, policies, issues and trends
- Effective oral and written communication
- Ability to organize detailed projects and prioritize in a high-volume work environment
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and solve problems collaboratively
- Ability to interact and network with other organizations with related interests
- Demonstrate ability to efficiently complete projects requiring team approach and efforts
- Ability to create and conduct content-specific, large-group trainings for investigators, decision makers, Title IX Coordinators and other designated officers throughout the system as well as presidents and system office staff, as needed
- MEd, PhD or JD
- Experience in higher education setting
- Trauma-Informed interview training
- Two or more years of investigation experience
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s Vehicle use criteria and consent to Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://www.minnstate.edu/system/working/relations.html
Why Work for Us
At Minnesota State we promote the ability for our employees to move within the Minnesota State system of Colleges and Universities, located throughout the State of MN. To learn more, please visit: Work at Minnesota State!
At Minnesota State, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
How to Apply
- Please go NeoGov at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mnscuoochr/default.cfm
- All application materials must be received by the Human Resources Department by 11:59pm on the date the position closes.
- Most job postings require that you attach a cover letter and resume to your online job Application.
- To attach a document;
- click on Job Application
- Scroll down to attachments; click on "Add Attachment (s).
- In "File Description" give the document name.
- Select the "Attachment type "from the drop down menu.
- Next to "File" click on Browse and double left click on the document you wish to attach.
- Click on Upload. There is a file size limit on each individual attachment
- Important Notice to applicants who previously applied to System Office or another higher education institution or government agency through Government Jobs.com/NEOGOV; If you included attachments to your previous application, the software may not recognize that you have attached the required documents, and may not allow you to submit your application to our posting. To remedy this;
- In the first section of your application (Job Application) scroll down to Attachments;
- Locate the desired attachment and click on Edit;
- Select the Attachment type from the drop down menu, Click save.
- Do the same for the other attachments.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jessica White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651/201-1845.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
More search results
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
St. Joseph’s College
Dean of International Programs
University of Southern California
Assistant Professor (Human Geography)
U.S. Air Force Academy, Dept. of Economics and Geosciences
Assistant Professor (Remote Sensing)
U.S. Air Force Academy, Dept. of Economics and Geosciences