Assistant/Associate Professor – Instructional Technologies
- University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Wilmington, NC
Summary of Position
The Watson College of Education seeks a Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor of Instructional Technology to join the Department of Instructional Technology, Foundations, and Secondary Education in Fall 2019 to:
• Design, Develop and teach online courses in the Master of Science in Instructional Technology (MIT) program, as well as teach undergraduate face to face and online courses in instructional design and instructional technology.
• Maintain an active research agenda
• Advise and mentor graduate students
• Assist in ongoing program revision and assessment
• Provide leadership and service to the program, department, WCE, UNCW, state and the profession (active participation in regional/state/national/international associations)
• Provide service to area schools and businesses
• Doctorate in Instructional Technology or related field
• Established or emerging research record in instructional technology or related field
• Demonstrated expertise in areas such as online and distance learning, interactive courseware, and instructional design and development
• Experience teaching students with a range of occupational backgrounds including education and private business
• Experience with multiple authoring software technologies
• Work experience in K-12 or Business settings
• Experience in corporate, government, or consulting settings
• Experience teaching online in both synchronous and asynchronous environments
• Experience in K-12 settings
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The Department of Instructional Technology, Foundations and Secondary Education prepares educators/professionals for leadership positions in instructional technology and secondary education. Our commitment is to the development of highly competent professionals to serve in educational leadership roles.
Our secondary education program has strong alliances with the College of Arts and Sciences in the related secondary subject matters of mathematics, science, English, social sciences, foreign languages, physical education/health and music. In addition, our MIT program has strong ties with Computer Science, Computer Science and Information Systems and Communication Studies. Each allied department has a role in providing content related courses and program guidance.
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to learning through the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. A public institution with nearly 16,500 students, the university is known for its superb faculty and staff and powerful academic experience. With an array of high-quality programs at the baccalaureate and master’s levels, and doctoral programs in marine biology, educational leadership, psychology and nursing practice. UNCW is consistently recognized at a national level for academic excellence and affordability by publications like U.S. News & World Report, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and The Business Journals. UNCW also recently earned the 2015 Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, bestowed to higher education institutions dedicated to community involvement.
UNC Wilmington actively fosters a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons from all racial, ethnic or other minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Priority Consideration Information
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by March 12, 2018; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Position details and full applicant instructions can be found at: https://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/12619
More search results
Computer Science Tenure-Track Assistant Professor…
Texas Christian University
ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT FOR HUMAN RESOURCES OPER…
Pennsylvania State University
Faculty Positions at The Rockefeller University
The Rockefeller University
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Medieval and …
George Mason University
Tenure-Track Assistant or Associate Professor of …
George Mason University