Assistant Professor - Digital Media Management
The University of Alabama School of Library and Information Studies (SLIS) seeks a faculty member for a full-time, tenure-track position to begin August 16, 2019 at the rank of assistant professor.
We are seeking candidates in digital media management, including digital preservation, linked data, and Web archiving, to support multiple teaching, research, and service opportunities at SLIS, in our College of Communication and Information Science, and at the University of Alabama. These opportunities include education at doctoral, masters, and undergraduate levels and extensive outreach project possibilities that include under-served and marginalized communities.
This is for a faculty, tenure-track position. Specializations of particular interest include any of the following:
• Information Systems and Structures
• Users and User Services
• Knowledge Organization
Must also conduct scholarly research, maintain an active role in advising master’s and doctoral students, and participate in professional organizations at the state, national, and international levels.
• Experience with digital management technologies, including linked data, Web archiving, digital preservation, or open archival information systems;
• Knowledge of digital curation methods, including community-driven, post-custodial, collective memory, or sustainable digital archival approaches;
• Doctorate earned or nearing completion in library and information studies or a cognate area (must be completed prior to start date);
• Documented evidence of ability to establish and maintain a sustained and rigorous research agenda;
• Demonstrated teaching ability, including ability to teach in our social justice-driven curriculum;
• Demonstrated commitment to professional service.
Review of applications will begin December 1st, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. The final deadline to apply is January 15th, 2019.
Please do not attempt to contact the department directly regarding this position. Applications can only be accepted and processed through the University of Alabama online hiring system.APPLICANTS MUSTAPPLY ONLINE AT https://facultyjobs.ua.edu and submit the following required materials:
• Letter of application that addresses the applicant’s current and future research agenda and teaching philosophy
• Curriculum vitae
• Contact information (names, email addresses, and phone numbers) for at least three references. (Use “Other Document” to upload)
IMPORTANT: Applicants should use the “Create an Account” option to apply for the job rather than the “Apply with Chronicle Vitae” or Apply with Linkedin” options.
Prior to hiring, the final candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation and submit official university transcript(s) of all graduate level coursework.
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, The University of Alabama is strongly committed to diversity and values candidates who bring a variety of backgrounds and experiences to our community. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs @ UC Blue Ash
University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College
Missouri State University
RESIDENCE HALL DIRECTOR
Missouri State University
Executive Director of the BB&T Center for the Stu…
Wake Forest University
Assistant or Associate Professor of Applied Exerc…
Texas Christian University