Manager of IT Software Applications - Student Affairs
- Carnegie Mellon Univeristy
- Pittsburgh PA
Carnegie Mellon University is a highly selective global research university with more than 13,900 students and nearly 6,000 faculty and staff. Recognized for its exceptional arts and technology programs, we collaborate across disciplines and empower creative leadership in the fields of Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Public Policy & Information Systems, and Science. Carnegie Mellon is consistently ranked among the top 25 universities in the United States.
The Division of Student Affairs exists to support and foster students intellectual and personal growth, and to help them explore and experience the different aspects of college life. Reporting to the IT Director of Student Affairs, we are searching for a Manager of IT Software Applications. This is an excellent opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department by being responsible for implementing, managing, and improving information technology software applications for the division. In this role, you will complete and coordinate various tasks to ensure that the defined goals and projects of all student affairs departments are successfully completed.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Develop, maintain, and administer third party and custom software applications to meet organizational needs; provide documentation for all such systems.
- Develop and maintain third party and custom application data interfaces to ensure proper data sharing between applications as needed.Create both manual and automated customized datasets and reports as required; provide documentation for all such systems.
- Provide end user support for all application issues. Maintain user/user group management for applications.Update support documentation and tracking systems. Provide documentation and coordinate ongoing system and software trainings/knowledgebase.
- Provide systems analysis for specific projects including recommended user interface design, database and API specifications.Provide quality assurance for other developers’ projects.
- Provide database administration as necessary for third party and custom applications
- Review, implement and maintain proven application security hardening standards.Provide leadership in data governance on behalf of Student Affairs Departments.
- Research technology opportunities, possibilities and best practices; provide technical consultation and coordinate installation of new software ensuring industry standards are utilized.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within Student Affairs. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal (written & verbal) communication skills;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills;
- Capability to maintain accurate and detailed records; and
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and provide support across functional areas.
Ability to work outside normal business hours as occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar required; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of three years as a web application developer, designing and implementing relational databases, writing desktop applications, or relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge with Microsoft .Net platform using C# and web APIs highly desired.