Associate Dean for Student Access and Achievement
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College
- Long Island City, NY
Associate Dean for Student Access and Achievement
Job ID: 19477
Location: LaGuardia Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
LaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare to Do More reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country - creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become. Visit www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.
LaGuardia Community College seeks an Associate Dean for Student Access and Achievement, who reports directly to the Vice President of Student Affairs and be responsible for enrollment and advisement support services for students, from the point of initial interest in the college through the completion of the student's third semester. This includes recruitment to the college, helping students develop and maintain momentum in accomplishing the educational goals they outline in their graduation plans; working with faculty to support student success in the classroom; facilitating access to academic and non-academic support services and supporting high school and adult learner transitions through the first leg of their educational journey at LaGuardia Community College. The Associate Dean for Student Access and Achievement will demonstrate the ability to see beyond the immediate solution to potential process improvements and show how innovative and elegant solutions are aligned with the college's vision, mission and credit student success approach.
The Associate Dean will also be charged with accomplishing the following responsibilities:
• Develop a rational data-informed and systematic approach to determine, operationalize and meet/exceed enrollment targets which include strategic recruitment of potential applicants that move from interest to application and then to matriculated status;
• Implement and oversee a robust enrollment process such as coordinating enrollment activities including: pre-enrollment, admissions and placement test activities, non-credit to credit initiatives, and integrating e-tools (student portal, web and knowledge management activities) as part of the student intake process;
• Work closely with colleagues across the institution to ensure marketing and recruitment strategies are seamless with retention and completion strategies, and assess outcomes of all aspects of the credit student success approach for students on the path that this position is responsible for;
• Ensure broad engagement of advising representatives and coordination and communication of activities and resources that support student success and attainment;
• Provide ongoing and strategic consultation to the faculty on matters of academic advisement;
• Evaluate and formulate policies related to advising and registration consistent with student progression;
• Represent the interests of the advising continuum at College committees, activities, and events, including advocacy, demonstrating best practices, and reporting of assessment and evaluation of functional areas;
• Provide leadership and direct oversight of Admissions, Student Financial Services, Academic Testing, New Student Advising and Registration, Student Information Services, Veteran's Resource Center, Single Stop and International Student Services;
• Collaborate with appropriate College leaders to create meaningful professional development for all staff;
• Ensure maintenance of office budgets and human resources;
• Strengthen partnerships with Academic Affairs, Administration, Adult & Continuing Education and Information Technology;
• Serve on college committees as assigned and perform other similar duties as required;
• Serve as on-call administrator on a rotating schedule with other senior leadership;
• Provide ongoing communications to new and continuing students in all academic programs in an effort to connect them to relevant information, resources and motivation
Provide monthly reports and data collection as required;
• The Associate Dean is expected to be available to staff and students outside regular business hours, for evening and weekend events, or other critical times
• Other duties as assigned.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
• An earned doctorate from an accredited institution and a strong record of demonstrated leadership in student affairs;
• Excellent analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills;
• Experience in enrollment planning, admissions, and financial aid; an extremely high level of organization and enthusiasm and a commitment to a highly collaborative and holistic approach;
• Evidence of a strong commitment to a multicultural student body and service to the urban community;
• Excellent skills in oral, written and interpersonal communication;
• A leadership style that include a record of building consensus and supporting productive participatory decision-making;
• Demonstrated skills in data analysis in support of program improvement.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Dean, Education and Health Sciences
Dean, Honors College
Assistant Professor - Biomechanics, Dept. of Move…
Bridgewater State University
Director of Athletics and Recreation
Director of Development, Broad Stem Cell Research…
University of California, Los Angeles