- Bryn Mawr College
- Bryn Mawr, PA
Bryn Mawr College, located in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, seeks a collaborative and results-driven leader to serve as its next Controller. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller leads an office of twelve employees and work closely with other senior administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the Board of Trustees to ensure a strong and efficient financial control environment that supports the educational mission of the College. The Controller is a key member of the College’s financial leadership team and is responsible for providing College-wide strategic oversight of financial accounting, operations, external reporting, audit, compliance and risk management.
The ideal candidate will be a proven financial leader with progressive accounting experience related to fiscal affairs and financial management. The best candidates will demonstrate evidence of many of the following qualities:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience as an accounting professional, including senior management experience; strong preference for experience in higher education but extensive experience with a similar non-profit or a public accounting firm with a higher education client base may be considered;
- Demonstrated experience in the oversight of the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, payroll, grants, plant/capital accounting, and fund accounting;
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting information and ERP systems with a preference for experience with such a system’s implementation, upgrade and/or re-design; proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, email, and other productivity and communication tools;
- Ability to work collaboratively and to effectively lead staff; committed to the value of diversity in the workplace;
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, problem-solving, and customer service skills; ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing complex financial information to constituencies with varied levels of financial expertise;
- Integrity, the highest ethical standards and the ability to handle confidential information appropriately;
- High level of professionalism, motivation, enthusiasm, initiative, self-direction, and the ability to work under pressure and manage numerous deadlines simultaneously;
- A bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA or other advanced degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field from an accredited program is preferred; and a CPA certification is highly desirable.
Mo Lashendock, Principal, Josyanne Roche, Consultant, and Andy Evans, Managing Director of Koya Leadership Partners have been retained to assist Bryn Mawr in this search. To express your interest in this role, please submit your materials, including your letter of interest and resume here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Bryn Mawr College is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability
More search results
Dean of the School of Education
SUNY New Paltz
Director of Student Success Analytics
University of Oregon - Division of Undergraduate Education and Student Success
Director of Psy.D. Program/Director of Counseling
HEAD, DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED MATHEMATICS AND STATI…
Johns Hopkins University
Department Head, Industrial and Manufacturing Eng…
Pennsylvania State University