Diversity & Inclusion Professional Programs Director - Senior Extension Associate
- Cornell University - ILR School
- New York, NY
Diversity & Inclusion Professional Programs Director - Senior Extension Associate – ILR Executive Education
Position is located in NY, NY, within the ILR School on the campus of Cornell University.
The School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University has an opening for a Senior Extension Associate – Diversity & Inclusion Professional Programs Director in the ILR Executive Education unit in the Extension/Outreach Division.
The ILR School at Cornell University seeks a seasoned leader to develop and expand its diversity and inclusion professional programs. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader with a deep understanding of diversity and inclusion and strong business development skills to join the nation’s premier educational organization committed to advancing the world of work.
The Diversity & Inclusion Professional Programs Director is responsible for articulating and operationalizing an entrepreneurial vision for state of-the-art training and development aligned with the research, teaching, and expertise of the ILR faculty. The Diversity and Inclusion thematic area will support public and certificate programs, on-site programs, custom programs, and on-line and blended learning. Programs will be taught by extension academics, skilled practitioners, and tenure-track faculty.
The Diversity & Inclusion Professional Programs Director will ensure the delivery of high quality programs; nurture effective relationships with ILR faculty; work closely with ILR Centers, Institutes, and Outreach programs; broaden and diversify diversity and inclusion offerings; and develop and execute an operating and business development plan that supports the strategic priorities of ILR and the needs of its key clients.
The Senior Extension Associate - Diversity & Inclusion Professional Programs Director is responsible for outreach programming and administration related to the diversity and inclusion thematic area, incorporating issues across the world of work. The Senior Extension Associate will develop and deliver programs and services that are closely aligned with the strategic mission and core values of the ILR School, and monitor quality, impact, and outcomes of Outreach education, training, technical assistance, consulting and research activities under her/his direction. The Senior Extension Associate will annually set programmatic and budgetary goals with the unit Executive Director, and collaborate with other extension academics and tenure-track faculty to promote and strengthen ILR’s diversity and inclusion outreach activities.
The Senior Extension Associate position is a non-tenure track academic position for a term of up to three years and may be reappointed on the basis of recommendations by the appropriate Executive Director and Associate Dean, contingent on available funding and work.
- Master’s degree in diversity and inclusion or related subject matter.
- Track record of accomplishments that will generate credibility as the spokesperson for diversity and inclusion education.
- Understanding of the executive education market.
- Strong network of contacts to generate new partnerships.
- Demonstrated relevant professional leadership in industry or professional networks.
- Minimum of five to seven years overseeing and/or conducting training to relevant target audience, teaching related courses in college-level environment, and/or conducting research in the thematic content area.
- Demonstrated writing ability and record of visibility in the thematic content area (e.g., OpEds, articles in trade publications, research and project reports, informational brochures, policy briefs, etc.).
- Background of substantive diversity and inclusion leadership in a sophisticated corporate, non-profit, or public sector environment.
- Evidence of excellent business development skills and proven ability to close contracts for long-term engagement.
- PhD degree in related field.
- Minimum of one to three years demonstrated experience in large project management (e.g. several staff and budgets exceeding $500,000).
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams and mentoring, coaching, and supervising teaching personnel: three to five years preferred.
- Professional credentials in disciplinary area, such as appropriate state and national licensure, certifications, etc.
- Demonstrated scholarly record in thematic content area (e.g., articles in peer-reviewed journals, research and project reports, informational brochures, policy briefs, etc.).
- Prior experience with grant writing and grant management.
- Minimum of one to three years of experience with distance learning.
Interested parties should submit a vita and letter of application describing qualifications, research agenda, and teaching experience. Application materials should be submitted through Academic Jobs Online: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/11786
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This is a full-time, non-tenure track academic benefits eligible term opportunity located in New York, NY, within the ILR School currently located at 16 East 34th Street.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
More search results
Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology
The University of Tampa
Executive Director for the Student Union, Inc.
San Jose State University
Penn State Brandywine
Director, Digital Services