Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor Position in Finance
- San Francisco State University
- San Francisco, CA
Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor Position
in Finance at San Francisco State University
Department of Finance/College of Business
San Francisco State University, Department of Finance/College of Business offers an exciting opportunity for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor position in Finance beginning August 2019. We seek a colleague whose teaching and research interests include international finance, risk management, financial management and financial data analysis. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, through diversity, to the excellence of the academic community.
The finance department currently has 13 full-time tenure/tenure-track professors and several part-time lecturers. Our faculty excel in teaching, community services and research. Faculty research publications appear in top-quality journals including Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Financial Economics, Financial Analyst Journal and Journal of Behavioral Finance. The department also has a certificate program in commercial real estate.
The mission of San Francisco State University is to create and maintain an environment for learning that promotes respect for and appreciation of scholarship, freedom, human diversity, and the cultural mosaic of the City of San Francisco and the Bay Area; to promote excellence in instruction and intellectual accomplishment; and to provide broadly accessible higher education for residents of the region and state, as well as the nation and world. To fulfill its mission, the University is committed to the following goals:
- Attracting, retaining and graduating a highly diverse student body
- Providing disciplinary and interdisciplinary liberal arts and professional education that is academically rigorous and intellectually challenging
- Providing curricula that reflect all dimensions of human diversity, and that encourage critical thinking and a commitment to social justice
- Recruiting, retaining and supporting a diverse faculty whose teaching demonstrates an active engagement with their individual fields of study and whose creative and scholarly work is an extension of the classroom, laboratory or studio
- Employing a staff and administration reflecting the diversity of our student community and the values of the campus;
- Fostering a collegial and cooperative intellectual environment that includes recognition and appreciation of differing viewpoints and promotes academic freedom within the University community; and
- Serving the communities with which its students and faculty are engaged.
Responsiblities: The position requires undergraduate and/or graduate teaching in international finance, risk management, financial management and financial data analysis, publishing in high-quality journals, and ongoing committee and service assignments. Detailed position description is available at http://cob.sfsu.edu/finance.
- Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Financial Economics or closely related field from an AACSB accredited institution or equivalent, before starting the position in August 2019. Candidates must be qualified as Scholarly Academics (SA) by current AACSB standards.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to teach courses in the following areas: International Finance, Risk Management, Financial Management and Financial Data Analysis. Candidates must have an active record of scholarship related to their specialty area. Excellence in teaching and scholarship must be demonstrated.
- Record of teaching contributions in the areas of:Finance or related fields
- Demonstrated ability to publish in high quality journals in Finance or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate inclusion, diversity, and educational equity in teaching, and/or scholarship/creative works
- Experience teaching and working closely with students from historically under-represented communities
- Record of contributing to collegial, supportive and collaborative work environments
Rank and salary: Assistant or Associate Professor. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The California State University (CSU) provides generous health, retirement and other benefits.
Application: Submit letter of intent/interest, a current CV, a teaching statement, job market paper(s), names and contact information of three references. Letters of recommendation upon request at a later date.
Submit all materials online to https://academicjobsonline.org/. Application review begins November 1, 2018, continues until filled.
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.