- University of Connecticut
- Hartford, CT
Under the general direction of the Director or designee, provides creative and technical expertise in planning and producing highly complex media materials and programs, which are designed to achieve desired results or elicit desired response from target audience; serves as project leader for large complex media productions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides highly skilled services in area of media, e.g., writes, produces and directs audio, video or other media programs to augment and enhance instructional, non-instructional, outreach, and public relations for training and DSS programs for OSD, DSS, and various outside partners and clients, for distribution over broadcast (commercial and non-commercial) and/or non-broadcast systems.
- Designs and produces original images, animations, multi-media, special effects and other graphics services for DSS and other clients.
- Manages, creates, and uploads content for electronic signage boards in 14 locations throughout the state.
- Designs comprehensive media support for training programs, staff education, and programs, utilizing print and non-print media, in a variety of content areas; selects and evaluates media strategies; designs and implements test and measurement procedures used to evaluate courses and media materials produced.
- Meets with DSS executives and staff to determine client needs and desired results.
- Records audio, mix audio and media with audio.
- Processes video and makes prints from files.
- Creates or edits media and graphics to insure ADA and Limited English Proficiency compliance through use of captions, adherence to reading level guidelines, use of color and sound, and others.
- Produces media and graphics in languages other than English with translated content.
- Utilizes green screen, teleprompter, and video recording device to develop content for media production.
- Serves as project leader for major media productions; plans and coordinates production schedule, script writing, format selection, program design, client goals, topic research, and techniques to be employed to produce the most effective programs.
- Plans and oversees the activities of all major media functions, such as multi-media authoring, graphics, instructional development, and trains and supports professional staff.
- Serves as a consultant and resource to the DSS community, in area of media specialization, regarding effective use of media programs and technology to achieve desired result.
- Plans the most effective use of facilities and equipment, recommends improvements in current facilities, makes recommendations regarding the utilization of new technology; and coordinates the installation of new equipment.
- Conducts workshops, seminars, and other training programs in the use of media technology.
- Provides support to other projects to ensure successful completion.
- Thorough knowledge of copyright, intellectual property rights and other guidelines to insure compliance in design and production.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of instructional media and technology or related field and experience in specific applied areas.
- Three years professional experience.
- Ability to produce and direct high quality programs in at least two of the following areas (video, audio, graphic design, photography, multi-media authoring, and web development).
- Demonstrated skills in major media, such as graphics, multi-media authoring, script writing, etc., as required by the position.
- Demonstrated ability to generate program concepts and translate concepts into high quality effective media programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of media technology
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with staff and clients.
- Ability to teach seminars and training workshops
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Concepts of multi-cultural design, diversity, cultural competency, and other inclusive strategies are foundational in design and production.
- Designs facilities, including video/photo studios, editing systems, and mobile field production units capable of producing broadcast quality programs at remote locations.
- Knowledge in the following programs: Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Logic Pro or equivalent audio recording program Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office Applications.
As this position is funded under an annual contract with the University of Connecticut’s School of Social Work and the Connecticut Department of Social Services, this is a 12-month appointment subject to annual renewal. This position is primarily based in the Connecticut Department of Social Services Hartford location. As a University of Connecticut employee, there is a full benefit package.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via UConn Jobs at www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2019067)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on October 5, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
More search results
Faculty Positions in Electrical and Computer Engi…
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Term-tenure track position in Public History with…
Term-tenure track position in Public History with expertise in post-1865 United States History
Dean, School of Economics and Business
Saint Mary's College of California
Lecturer Technology Liason
University of North Carolina Wilmington