Professor and Stanley C. Horton Endowed Professorship of Business Ethics
- Orlando, FL
Unleash Your Potential at UCF
As a next-generation public research institution, we are an inclusive community of thinkers, doers, creators, innovators, healers, and leaders striving to shape the future and solve the world’s most challenging problems. No matter what your role is, when you join Knight Nation, you become an integral part of our mission to become a university for the future. You’ll be met with opportunities to connect and collaborate with uniquely talented faculty, staff, and students across 13 colleges and multiple campuses and regional locations. That means greater challenges to tackle, more meaningful opportunities to grow, and rewarding experiences that go beyond a paycheck.
The Department of Management in the College of Business at the University of Central Florida (UCF) invites applications for a tenured professor and Stanley C. Horton Endowed Professor in Business Ethics. The appointment is expected to begin Fall 2024 and will be located on the UCF main campus. As a professional school in a major public research university, we are committed to research, teaching, and service that advances the management discipline and prepares future leaders in business, government, and academia. UCF’s Department of Management enjoys a national and international reputation for excellence in management research and education. We offer undergraduate, masters, and Ph.D. programs, all of which are accredited by the AACSB.
- Ph.D. in management or a closely related field from an AACSB accredited institution.
- Distinguished record of research, teaching, and service commensurate with a tenured professor appointment in UCF’s College of Business
- Demonstrated research and teaching expertise in management, applied psychology, or ethics, broadly defined, to include topics such as leadership, organizational behavior, strategic management, corporate governance, decision-making, negotiations, organizational culture, or the use of technology in business.
- Active publishing in leading management journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management, and Journal of Business Ethics.
- Evidence of high-impact mentorship of junior faculty and doctoral students.
- Demonstrated scholarly leadership and active network of research collaborations.
- Involvement with major academic and/or professional organizations in the management discipline.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with external organizations and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to chair dissertations and place doctoral students at research universities.
- Editorial experience in leading management journals.
Additional Application Materials
UCF requires all applications and supporting documents to be submitted electronically through the Human Resources website, https://www.ucf.edu/jobs. In addition to the online application, interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, vita, list of 3 professional references, recent publications or working papers, and evidence of past teaching success.
The selected candidate will be required to submit official transcripts (and, as applicable, U.S. degree equivalency evaluations) documenting the conferral of their qualifying academic credentials. Consideration of applicants will begin immediately; however, applications will be accepted until the position is closed.
NOTE: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be simultaneously uploaded. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents later.
Please contact Dr. Ron Piccolo (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of the search committee, if you have questions regarding this search.
Job Close Date:
Open until filled.
Note to applicants: Please keep in mind that a job posted as ‘Open until filled’ may close at any time without notice. As such, we encourage you to submit your application and all required documentation as quickly as possible to ensure consideration for the posted position.
Are Benefits Important to You?
Working at UCF has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, UCF offers:
- Benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending accounts, and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid time off, including annual leave (12-month faculty) and sick leave and paid holidays.
- Retirement savings options.
- Employee discounts, including tickets to many Orlando area attractions.
- Education assistance.
- Flexible work environment.
And more…For more benefits information, go to ‘Prospective Employees’ on the UCF Human Resources website (https://hr.ucf.edu/)
Who Are We?
Founded in 1963 to fuel the region’s talent pipeline and support the growing U.S. space program, UCF is built to make a better future for our students and society. It’s one of the reasons U.S. News & World Report ranks UCF among the nation’s top 20 most innovative colleges, while Forbes, Kiplinger, and The Princeton Review rank us a best-value university. UCF is one of 14 universities nationwide designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Research 1 university. With 13 colleges, including a fully accredited College of Medicine, UCF offers more than 220-degree programs between its main campus, downtown campus, hospitality campus, academic health sciences campus, and 11 UCF Connect centers located throughout the region. In addition, UCF extends its reach to communities in and beyond Central Florida by offering complete online programs leading to bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, Ph.D.'s., certificates, and more.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer. Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF’s expectation that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Additional Requirements related to Research Positions
Pursuant to Florida State Statute 1010.35, prior to offering employment to certain individuals in research-related positions, UCF is required to conduct additional screening. Applicants subject to additional screening include any citizen of a foreign country who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of higher education, employment, or training in China, Cuba, Iran, Russia, North Korea, Syria, or Venezuela.
The additional screening requirements only apply to employment in research-related positions, including, but not limited to faculty positions (including employed visiting positions), graduate positions, individuals compensated by research grants or contract funds, postdoctoral scholar positions, and undergraduate positions.
More search results
Visual Communications (Tenure Track)
Assistant Professor of Social Work Instruction
Professor of Jewelry
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design
Director of the Learning Research & Development C…
University of Pittsburgh
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream - Human Biol…
University of Toronto, Human Biology Program