Assistant Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management
The Department of Business Administration at University of Southern Maine is accepting applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Operations Management. This is a full-time, tenure-track position beginning September 2019, subject to funding availability. The normal teaching load is 3 courses per semester (Fall & Spring).
- develop & teach undergraduate and possibly graduate courses in operations management (face-to-face and online courses);
- develop & teach undergraduate and possibly graduate courses in supply chain (face-to-face and online courses);
- applied research and professional development in area of specialization;
- university service (department/school/university wide and the external business/professional community);
- advising undergraduate business students
The University community is committed to building a culturally diverse team of leaders, faculty and staff. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates.
The University of Southern Maine provides a highly competitive benefits package that includes: Paid Time Off (Holidays, Vacation, & Sick), Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Tuition Waiver Program for Employee & Dependents, a 403(b) Retirement Plan, and more.
Want to know more about employment, benefits and local resources? Our Employment webpage has additional information to help you become more familiar with developing a new career at USM as well as exploring everything the Greater Southern Maine area has to offer.
USM’s three environmentally friendly campuses are unique, yet all share the extensive resources of the university — and all are energized through strong community partnerships. Offering easy access to Boston, plus the ocean, mountains and forests of coastal, inland and northern Maine, USM is at the heart of Maine's most exciting metropolitan region.
Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D. or ABD in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Analytics, Decision Sciences, or a closely related field from an AACSB accredited institution. Although ABDs with strong likelihood of completion within one year of appointment will also be considered, preference will be given to candidates who have completed their Ph.D. prior to September 2019. Experience or demonstrated potential as an innovative teacher with strong instructional skills in the area of specialization. Proven record of, or potential for, publication in high-quality refereed journals.
- Formal training in operations and/or supply chain management and management science or analytics
- Experience teaching 1 or more courses related to Supply Chain/Operations management (viz. purchasing, logistics, lean six sigma and/or supply chain modeling)
- Preference will be given to candidates familiar with R & other related statistical software
- Experience incorporating industry-based systems including SAP as part of course delivery will be plus.
- Prior industry experience.
Apply online at: https://usm.hiretouch.com/view-all-jobs
You will create an applicant profile and complete an application. You will need to upload a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae which fully describes your qualifications and experiences with specific reference to the required and preferred qualifications; teaching evaluations and a list of the names and contact information for three references.
Applications received by October 18th, 2018 will receive first consideration. Materials received after this date may be considered by the University. Committee representative/s will be available for initial interviews at INFORMS in November, 2018.
Appropriate background screening will be conducted for the successful candidate.
The University of Southern Maine is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Sarah E. Harebo, Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).