Senior Director of Development, College of Creative Arts
- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
Job Description Summary:
Job ID:6366 Unclassified FT (Salary)
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Development, the Senior Director of Development will help advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of donors and prospects of Miami University. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support for the College of Creative Arts.
- Direct a comprehensive development program for the College of Creative Arts in response to its campaign goals and initiatives. Manage and develop strategies for all prospects of the College of Creative Arts.
- Identify, cultivate, and personally solicit alumni, parents and friends of Miami University for gifts of $50,000 and above. Manage an exclusive prospect portfolio.
- Prepare and present gift proposals to prospects with the input and assistance of faculty, administrators, and deans, as well as other constituent and central development officers. Proposals may involve establishing multi-year commitments, as well as helping to facilitate gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Work closely with the Dean of Creative Arts and faculty/staff of the college in developing prospect and donor relationships. Participate in College of Creative Arts Advisory Board meetings and campus/regional events.
- Promote and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Assistant Vice President of Development, Academic Programs & Projects, thereby serving as the principal departmental liaison for the College of Creative Arts in addressing their philanthropic and alumni relations objectives.
Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years fundraising experience; demonstrated level of leadership and management; outstanding oral and written communication skills; excellent organization skills and attention to detail; and willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level.
Advanced degree; fundraising experience in a higher education environment.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
More search results
Faculty Positions in Electrical and Computer Engi…
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Term-tenure track position in Public History with…
Term-tenure track position in Public History with expertise in post-1865 United States History
Dean, School of Economics and Business
Saint Mary's College of California
Lecturer Technology Liason
University of North Carolina Wilmington