Manager of Bio Administration
- Williams College
- Williamstown, MA
Manager of Bio Administration
Advancement Information Systems
Williams is pleased to announce the opening for the Manager of Bio Administration. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Advancement Information Systems, the Manager of Bio Administration is responsible for managing all biographic data into the Advance Database Management System supporting the Office of College Relations.
Maintaining an intricate database of over 60,000 records, it’s critical that the manager have an understanding of database requirements, USPS regulations, complex policies and procedures, and reporting standards. The Manager of Bio Administration will be responsible for research including internet searches, research software used by AIS, database information, and personal contacts to ensure the highest possible level of data integrity. This position supervises two full-time employees.
Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. Applicants should highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse staff.
- Analyze, research, and decipher complex information received from OCR staff, offices across the campus including President's Office, alumni, and other external sources;
- Understand the complexities of the Advance database, reporting requirements, and USPS regulations as well as process PeopleSoft queries;
- Review and update over 200 existing policies and procedures;
- Train staff on current and new procedures to insure accurate and timely entry of biographic information into a complex database system;
- Collect, interpret, and prioritize projects from many sources and assign to the Records Specialists;
- Reconcile Advance undergrads and new graduating class to PeopleSoft;
- Process legacy admissions, honorary degrees, and maintain trustee records;
- Assist OCR staff in understanding the bio data in Advance; and
- Handle inquiries from College staff as well as alumni, parents, and widows.
This is a full-time, year-round, regular appointment.
- Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent in education and experience;
- Strong ability to work effectively with people; including high-profile donors, faculty, and development staff;
- Knowledge of data integrity policy and procedure writing is essential;
- Adaptability, flexibility, and an engaging interpersonal style;
- Must perform with a high degree of accuracy, professionalism and insure confidentiality is maintained at all times due to the sensitive nature of materials;
- Deep knowledge of best practices regarding managing databases; and
- Experience supervising personnel and lead staff teams
Review of applications will begin October 12, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.