Associate Vice President for Facilities
- Wichita State University
- Wichita, KS
Wichita State University
Associate Vice President for Facilities Sought for Expanding Urban Research University.
Wichita State University (WSU) in Wichita, Kansas, is seeking applications and nominations for the position of Associate Vice President for Facilities.
Reporting directly to the Vice President for Finance and Administration, the Associate Vice President for Facilities plans, directs, administers and oversees the administration, planning, design, construction, operation, development, care and upkeep of all University property.
Essential Functions/Duties include:
- Oversees an office that plans, directs, participates in the development of work plans to include all construction projects, facilities planning, facilities operations, property management and the Campus Master Plan.
- Serves as primary contact to the internal and external community, including but not limited to, local city government and neighborhood home owners’ associations, for the Campus Master Plan, capital planning and construction.Interacts with state legislative committees, Kansas Board of Regents, Kansas Department of Administration, Kansas Fire Marshal’s office and other licensing and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates capital budget priorities, working closely with Deans and senior leadership.
- Assists in preparation and administration of federal grants related to facilities and/or infrastructure.
- Works collaboratively with property management and General Counsel’s office related to surveys, legal descriptions, land transactions, right-of-ways, easements and lease boundaries.
- Supervises and participates in the development of Request for Proposals (RFPs), bids, contracts and proposals for construction and facilities related services. Negotiates and administers contracts with outside vendors, architects and others.
- Oversees and participates in weekly coordination meetings with WSIA President and Associate General Counsel in order to ensure the successful completion of all Innovation Campus projects.
- Authors or oversees numerous studies and reports regarding all aspects of facilities, grounds and construction on WSU properties.
- Review/approve drawings at various design stages, specifications, pay applications, change orders, etc.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Facilities Management or a related field, and a minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible leadership experience.
Wichita State University is classified as a “higher research” university and it is one of three research universities in the Kansas system. Current enrollment is approximately 15,000 students and an annual budget from all sources is in excess of $320 million. Wichita is a highly livable metropolitan area in south-central Kansas, known for affordable housing, short commute times, and a wonderfully diverse population. WSU plays an increasingly important role in the region as a hub for education as well as economic and community development and prides itself on its commitment to serving as an active partner with the people of the region as they work to improve their communities and opportunities for the future.
Please go to http://wichita.edu/wsujobs for more details about the requirements for this position and the application process. Please address inquiries regarding the position to Lois Tatro, Senior Associate Vice President for Financial Services, Chair of the Search Committee, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260-0038, 316-978-5890.
For full consideration, applicants must submit 1) a letter of application describing abilities to meet required and preferred qualifications, 2) resume, and 3) names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers for three individuals who can be contacted for professional references.
This position will remain open until filled. However, priority consideration will be given to those who complete the application process by October 8, 2018.
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs or activities on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check as required by Board of Regents policy.
More search results
Director of the Chaifetz Center for Entrepreneur…
Saint Louis University
VICE PRESIDENT OF UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT/CEO OF T…
Florida Polytechnic University
CSUCI Faculty Development Director
CSU Channel Islands
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT FOR HUMAN RESOURCES
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor (HS Clin, …
University of California, San Diego