- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Lowell, MA
Assistant/Associate Professor - Accounting
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Manning School of Business at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is seeking applications for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor in the field of Accounting with a focus on teaching and research in tax or financial accounting and corporate governance. Candidates will be expected to develop a strong record of scholarly work and publications in top tier journals with preferred research expertise in areas such as tax, financial accounting or corporate governance.
The Accounting Department is currently building faculty capacity to deepen its research output and increase program offerings at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. It offers a Baccalaureate degree, Master of Science in Accounting, and Ph.D. in Business Administration with an accounting track. Classes are taught on-campus and online.
Located 30 miles northwest of Boston, UMass Lowell has over 18,000 students and it is the second largest public university in Massachusetts. Manning has over 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students and it is accredited by AACSB. The School strongly supports the faculty to further enhance their research productivity and build program offerings at all degree levels. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join a developing department and participate actively in the advancement of research and educational programs.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- A candidate should have an earned Ph.D. or DBA in Accounting from an AACSB-accredited institution no later than the effective date of appointment (September 2019).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality teaching in tax or financial accounting courses.
- For experienced applicants, evidence of ongoing high quality research and publication in top tier journals in the areas of tax, financial accounting or corporate governance is expected.
- A record of teaching effectiveness at the graduate and/or undergraduate levels in tax, financial accounting or corporate governance.
- Experience in online teaching or web-enhanced courses using Blackboard or similar platforms
- For new PhDs, demonstrated ability to conduct high quality academic research.
- For experienced candidates, a consistent record of publications in tax, financial accounting or corporate governance in high quality, top tier journals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in English
To qualify for appointment to the rank of Associate Professor, candidates must have an established, sustained record of teaching, service and excellent research demonstrated by a consistent record of publications in high quality, top tier publications. The successful candidate will be required to conduct high quality research, be actively engaged in service to the department, University and business community. Additionally, candidates will be expected to build relationships with the business community to foster student opportunities in the accounting area. Ability to mentor junior faculty is a requirement for senior tenure-track appointments.
NOTE: Strong consideration will be given to candidates with public accounting or corporate experience, preferably with applicable certifications (e.g., CPA, CMA, CIA, etc.)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit materials to: http://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/495559/assistantassociate-professor-accounting
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter should detail research interests and accomplishments; teaching interests, experience and philosophy; and professional background.
- Sample of Scholarly Work/Publication: Provide samples of recent publications.
- Evidence of Teaching: Provide documents such as student course evaluations, department chair reviews, teaching awards, student testimonials, etc.
- Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application. Should include position title, employing organization, mailing and email addresses.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
More search results
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Environmental…
University of Texas Arlington
Biblical Studies and Religious Studies Faculty
Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Scie…
California State University, Bakersfield
California State University, Bakersfield
Senior Director of Development, College of Creati…