Vice President for Finance and Business Affairs - Idaho State University
- Idaho State University
- Pocatello, ID
As the University’s Chief Business Officer and Bursar, the Vice President will report to the President and is responsible for the management and direction of the financial, operational, and administrative functions for the University. The incumbent has responsibility and executive oversight for areas including Finance (budget, accounting, business services, procurement, investments, and taxes), Human Resources, Information Technology Services, Facilities Services, and Public Safety while supporting and enhancing the mission of the University.
As a member of the President’s administrative council, the VP for Finance and Business Affairs collaborates with other University leaders in developing and executing a broad vision and strategic plan. This position is uniquely tasked with leading organizational change through a renewed focus on customer service, systems and process improvement, and mission centric operations. The incumbent will work closely with the Idaho State Board of Education, State of Idaho officials, and representatives of other internal and external constituencies while representing the University in matters of strategic importance.
- Promotes the financial well-being of the University by overseeing budget management, monitoring appropriate investments of temporary cash balances, exercising executive control over University finances, and safeguarding all financial assets and resources of the University.
- Advises the President, senior management and members of the State Board of Education on issues relating to the financial status of the University, short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies and actions, and regulatory action affecting the University; Provides financial information at Board meetings and other State offices by preparing reports, recommendations, and related findings as required.
- Ensures the achievement of the goals and objectives of the University by overseeing the preparation of a fiscally sound budget in support of short-term and long-term planning.
- Analyze the financial details of past, current, and projected operations to identify development opportunities for areas of improvement.
- Reduces institutional liability in business operations by facilitating the access of independent auditors to applicable records, systems, and operations.
- Monitors all financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that the University is compliant with all federal and state requirements and statutes.
- Responsible for the University’s relationships with lending institutions, the external financial community, and external financial consultants.
- Responsible for the effective oversight, management, and protection of fiscal and capital resources in areas such as facilities, information technology, public safety, as well as human resource management.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent degree) from an accredited college or university. Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, and/or public administration preferred;
- 10 years of progressively responsible and relevant administrative leadership experience that includes substantial experience at an institution of higher education or university system;
- Demonstrated experience in financial, capital, and resource management;
- Demonstrated ability to be a part of a collaborative leadership team committed to advancing the institutional mission and strategic plan;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Strong collaborative interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive and effective relationships and teams within managed units and across campus with administrators, faculty, staff, students, and external constituents;
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth understanding of the scope of issues addressed by an administration and finance executive in the higher education setting;
- Demonstrated experience in working with a board of trustees or similar governance structure.
Idaho State University (ISU) combines exceptional academics amidst the grand natural beauty of the West. ISU faculty and students are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions in the areas of energy, health professions, nuclear research, teaching, humanities, engineering, performing and visual arts, technology, biological sciences, pharmacy, and business. To read more, visit www.isu.edu.
Bringing vision and excitement to Idaho State University (ISU) this fall, is the new president, Kevin Satterlee. His administration will be one of passion, communication, and transparency for the benefit of not only the university but also its surrounding community.
ISU attracts students and faculty from around the world to its four Idaho campuses. At the main campus in Pocatello, and at locations in Meridian, Idaho Falls and Twin Falls, ISU offers access to high-quality education in more than 250 programs. Over 12,000 students attend ISU, receiving education and training. As a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution founded in 1901, ISU has a low student to teacher ratio of 14:1. It is a state leader in the health sciences and offers widespread health services to locals, as well as multiple degrees in more than 50 health-related areas, including nursing, pharmacy, physical therapy, speech pathology, and physician assistant studies. Although the health sciences are a significant area of study (26%), additional programs are also available through colleges in business, education, technology, arts and letters, and science and engineering.
Education at ISU is filled with real-world experience; the $2.1 million Career Path Internship program helps aid hundreds of students' career goals by pairing students with paid on- and off-campus jobs. In their spare time, students can choose from more than 70 student organizations, enjoy nature through the Outdoor Adventure Center, or drive to the Craters of the Moon nature preserve or the Yellowstone National Park. The Stephens Performing Arts Center on the ISU campus is nationally ranked as one of the most impressive performance venues on a university campus. It is home to the Idaho State Civic Symphony and is also host to a number of plays, concerts, recitals and art performances.
Southeast Idaho is centrally located between Salt Lake City, Utah, and the popular vacation destinations of Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park and Jackson, Wyoming. Southeast Idaho is often thought of as an outdoor lover’s paradise which has something for everyone. Pocatello is one of the last undiscovered mountain college towns in the west. The hills and the spectacular northern Rockies around Pocatello are covered with mountain bike trails and provide access to outdoor activities such as camping, fishing, hiking, hunting, skiing, kayaking, and rock climbing.
Procedure for Candidacy:
Confidential review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; parties who apply by October 14, 2018 will be given first consideration. Please submit a PDF version of your resume and cover letter outlining your interest in and suitability for this position.
To apply online, go to https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=su115. Idaho State University is committed to building a diverse university community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Additional information regarding this selection process is available at http://www.isu.edu/vpsearch.
For nominations or further information:
Summit Search Solutions, Inc.
Direct: (530) 677-9945
Idaho State University values individuals with varying traditions, cultures, identities, expressions, orientation, religious beliefs, economic backgrounds, racial and ethnic origins. ISU believes that promoting diversity and a respectful work and learning environment is a key component in preparing students for success in a global economy. ISU strongly encourages applications from candidates who share these values.
More search results
Assistant Professor of Graphic Design
Whitworth University, Spokane
Chief Human Resources Officer
Saint Joseph’s University
Assistant Professor - Mathematics (Multiple Posit…
CUNY LaGuardia Community College
Assistant Professor - Lighting and Scenic Design
Northern Michigan University
Dean, College of Communication and Information
University of Kentucky