- Resurrection University
- Chicago, IL
Resurrection University, (www.resu.edu) is accepting nominations and applications for the position of University Registrar. The University Registrar oversees a portfolio of responsibilities with a focus on advancing academic initiatives, supporting the academic enterprise through its strong and collaborative relationship with the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness, and promoting the overall mission of the University. The University Registrar provides leadership and oversight to all aspects of the Office of the Registrar, including office operations, personnel, policy, and information technologies within the office. In collaboration with the Office of Institutional Research, the University Registrar provides information and actionable data to shape institutional discussions, trends, policies, processes, security, and strategic practices in support and advancement of the Office of the Registrar. The University Registrar supports the attainment of the University’s mission and goals, as well as the application and demonstration of the commitment to Resurrection University mission and Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and oversight to all aspects of the Office of the Registrar, including office operations, personnel, policy, and information technologies within the office.
- In collaboration with the Office of Institutional Research, the University Registrar provides information and actionable data to shape institutional discussions, trends, policies, processes, security, and strategic practices in support and advancement of the Office of the Registrar.
- Oversee and maintain the integrity of all academic, enrollment, and graduation records of university students and, as the custodian and steward of these records, must abide by university, state and federal requirements, policies, and legislation.
- Maintain current knowledge of the various systems that interface with student data and ensure adherence to FERPA/HIPPA compliance and other regulations that impact the systems and services provided by the Office of the Registrar (i.e., Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Solomon Act, Veterans Administration).
- Direct operational initiatives including curriculum management, data accuracy and integrity, operational efficiency, management of the academic catalog, registration, course scheduling, classroom scheduling, course evaluations, data management, management of academic records, enrollment verification, and utilization, grade processing, university degree requirements, degree audit and certification, transcript evaluation and processing, and active support of the University’s Unit 4 student information system.
- Serve the institution through thoughtful visionary leadership and contributions that exemplify best practices, facilitate change processes, and support student success.
- Lead and participate in collaborative decision making, continuous quality improvement, and the implementation and use of complex information and computer systems, software applications, data infrastructures, and technologies.
- Organize, prioritize, and analyze large amounts of student data to contribute to demonstration of student learning outcomes and program effectiveness.
- Possess expertise in federal regulations, FERPA/HIPAA regulations, national trends, current research and best practices in the field of registration and records.
- Serve as a project manager and change agent in academic policy, curriculum management, and office related operations.Develop academic infrastructure, develop secure administrative systems for maintenance and reporting of student and course information; develop and administer university academic and administrative policies affecting students and courses.
- Develop and foster relationships with internal and external academic and administrative constituencies, as well as lead and manage a team of direct reports, overseeing the training, professional development, and evaluation of staff and ensuring the development of a collaborative team in a positive work environment.
- The candidate will have a proven record of the development of the academic infrastructure, to include secure administrative systems for maintenance and reporting of student and course information; develop and administer university academic and administrative policies affecting students and courses.
- Maintains a future focused vision, be dedicated to exemplary customer service and continuous quality improvement, and be committed to the development of a collaborative and cohesive team that seeks to support the Resurrection University mission within the Catholic tradition of faith, hope, and healing.
- Oversee the transcript evaluation, transfer credit, articulation, credit for prior learning, and upper-division credit approval processes in collaboration with the academic division.
- Oversee the administrative functions of the Office of the Registrar, including the creation of degree programs within the student information management system, the development of forms, processes, and procedures.
- Oversee the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeal process and the various appeals processes.
- Serve as the office signatory agent for Veteran’s Administration certification, degree conferral, and other official notarized functions.
- In collaboration with Institutional Research, provide data reports to support official reporting to IPEDS, National Student Clearinghouse, Illinois Board of Higher Education, the Higher Learning Commission, and other regulatory and accreditation agencies and organizations.
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator of collaboration between the Office of the Registrar, the Enrollment Management Office, Academic Affairs, and Student Affairs on all issues related to student academic policy, procedures, and progression, as well as curriculum and program requirements.
- Influence and maintain involvement with strategic institutional planning.
- Oversee institutional policies and procedures, ensuring best standards of academic practice, supporting student outcomes, and maintaining integrity of programs and student academic records.
- Oversee the Academic Catalog and ensure accurate and timely provision of information to faculty, staff, students, and the public regarding academic policy, course information, and learning outcomes.
- Serve within the Resurrection University commencement ceremony and participate in university events.
- Enhance professional growth and development by accessing educational programs, job related literature, in-service meetings, and workshops/seminars.
- Maintain current knowledge of Registration, and educational methodologies through continuing professional development.
- Adhere to established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Perform both essential and non-essential job functions in a safe manner as identified by Resurrection University.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and models the mission and core values of Resurrection University through behavior and attitude.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in educational administration or related field required (Doctoral degree preferred).
- Seven years documented progressively responsible experience in registrar related duties within a higher education institution are required.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with astute attention to details.
- Extensive knowledge of and expertise with student information systems, scheduling systems, catalog management systems, and emerging information technologies is expected.
- Previous experience with Unit 4 student information system will be a plus.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization and outside contacts, using a high degree of judgment and discretion.
- Enthusiastic to work with a diverse student population, understand concepts of inclusive excellence, and be willing to support the University mission of cultivating a diverse learning community.
- Ability to handle confidential materials and information, maintaining credibility through business relationships.
- Possess strong analytical, innovative, and critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, and written and oral communication skills.
About the University
Resurrection University, located in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago, is an accredited institution of higher education that focuses on professional health care education. Founded in 1914 as West Suburban College of Nursing, Resurrection is part of Presence Health, the largest Catholic health system based in Illinois.
The University consists of a College of Nursing that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in Nursing, and the College of Allied Health that offers undergraduate degrees in Health Information Management and Radiography.
Resurrection offers its students an education that integrates personal and professional growth, compassionate service, and scholarly activities. Resurrection University exclusively uses an upper division program design, which means the classrooms are a lively blend of students who transfer in liberal arts, general education, and pre-requisite courses from a variety of institutions. Once admitted, students, who are an average age of 31, focus on the health science program of their choice. The University awards baccalaureate degrees in nursing (BSN and BSN for RN programs), imaging technology (BSIT pre and post-licensure programs), and health informatics and information management (BSHIIM). The University also awards graduate degrees in nursing (MSN and DNP).
The College of Nursing, the College of Allied Health, and Resurrection University are accredited, respected, and recognized for excellence in healthcare. Resurrection University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC- AQIP) and a member of the North Central Association, the College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the College of Allied Health through the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM) and by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
Resurrection University is being assisted in the search by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell. Materials should be submitted to Cheryl Hyatt at ResU@hyatt-fennell.com. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé, and contact information for three professional references, in Word or PDF documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position will remain open until filled. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
For more information contact:
Cheryl Hyatt - 724-242-0476
Resurrection University provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, order of protection status, marital status, parental status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law. Resurrection University is also committed to providing a professional, respectful and safe work environment that is free from harassment or discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, order of protection status, marital status, parental status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.
More search results
Assistant Clinical Professor, Counseling – Phoeni…
Northern Arizona University
Assistant Clinical Professor, Counseling Psycholo…
Northern Arizona University
Assistant VP, Student Health & Wellness
University of Houston
Associate Director and Associate Professor
University of Tennessee
Southwest Health Equity Research Collaborative No…
Northern Arizona University