- University of Connecticut
- Storrs, CT
This position is a result of a contracted partnership between The University of Connecticut School of Social Work and The Connecticut Department of Social Services. The position renewal is contingent upon the contract. The position is located at the CT Department of Social Services.
Incumbents in this position are expected to be responsible for the day-to-day administration of financial transactions and the Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS) comprehensive organizational development and training services. They are expected to act independently within the vision, mission, values and goals established by DSS, Federal and State legislation. They are expected to maintain fiscal records; review and enter financial, payroll, travel, & invoices; process purchases and performs reconciliations; create reports; work with vendors; resolve issues related to any financial transactions; and perform related duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Maintains all fiscal records across multiple budget line items for the department including payroll records, a ledger, purchasing, travel and other disbursements.
- Prepares monthly invoices and reports and submits them through multiple checkpoints for signature.
- Verifies and enters details of transactions such as invoices, requisitions and other disbursements.
- Balances books and compiles monthly reports to show statistics pertinent to the operation of department.
- Processes and maintains a database and/or paperwork for department financial transactions including staff and agency requests for equipment, supplies and other purchases.
- Provides data for budget preparation and monitors expenditures for compliance with approved budget limits.
- Makes recommendations on purchases for supplies and small equipment for staff.
- Monitors inventory of required supplies and maintains adequate amounts.
- Places orders with vendors and follows up to resolve problems and assure timely delivery.
- Monitors work orders for OSD services and follows up to resolve problems and assure timely action.
- Develops communications and tracking mechanisms for registration, training, and related finances as well as works with closely with other state agencies and vendors to secure enrollment and process invoices.
- Type correspondence related to department financial matters.
- Orders, receives and dispenses all office supplies.
- Works with multiple computer systems.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Associates degree in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Two years’ experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including ability to identify and resolve administrative problems.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff and administrators as well as external agencies/groups and the public.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite specifically in Outlook, Excel and Word.
As this position is funded under an annual contract with the University of Connecticut’s School of Social Work and the Connecticut Department of Social Services, this is a 12-month appointment subject to annual renewal. This position is primarily based in the Connecticut Department of Social Services Hartford location.
Please upload a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references online via UConn Jobs, Staff Positions (www.jobs.uconn.edu).
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2019065)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on September 13, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty, and staff. The diversity of students, faculty, and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural, and diverse community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
More search results
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Environmental…
University of Texas Arlington
Biblical Studies and Religious Studies Faculty
Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Scie…
California State University, Bakersfield
California State University, Bakersfield
Senior Director of Development, College of Creati…