Indiana University East seeks a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and dynamic leader to serve as Dean for its School of Business and Economics. The Dean reports to the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (EVCAA) and serves as a member of the Deans Council.
Indiana University East, a regional campus of Indiana University, offers residents of eastern Indiana, western Ohio, and beyond a broad range of bachelor’s degrees and selected master’s degrees and certificates through its traditional main campus in Richmond, off-campus sites, and online program options. IU East values a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and intellectual perspectives among its faculty, staff, and students and in its contributions to the cultural and economic development of the communities it serves.
The School of Business and Economics offers the largest major on campus, a B.S. in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Managerial Accounting, CPA Accounting, Finance, Computer Information Systems, Economics, and Entrepreneurship, along with minors in Informatics, Marketing, Sports Marketing & Management, Economics, Financial Forensic Investigation, and Entrepreneurship. The School also offers a B.S. in Informatics, a Bachelor of Applied Sciences degree, and a Master of Science in Management. The School currently includes 19 full-time faculty positions, 3 administrative staff members, and 3 full-time student advisors. A cohort BSBA program is conducted near Cincinnati, in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. The School recently reaffirmed its ACBSP accreditation and is in the process of implementing its approved Self Evaluation Report to meet all AACSB standards in pursuit of initial accreditation. The School of Business and Economics is the largest in terms of student enrollment of the five academic schools, and supports a significant number of online students in each of the programs mentioned above. For more information about the School, please visit http://www.iue.edu/business.
The Dean provides leadership for the faculty, staff and students in the School of Business and Economics by promoting a collaborative learning and scholarly environment with a focus on student engagement and success. The Dean has administrative responsibility for all aspects of the School including student retention and success; faculty recruitment, professional development and evaluation; program development, assessment and improvement; budget management and fundraising, and other matters related to the well-being of the school and its faculty, staff and students.
The new Dean will be expected to actively partner with local business and industry to develop collaborations throughout our service region. Community engagement is an important part of the mission of IU East and the Dean has administrative responsibility for four established Centers that contribute to this mission: The Business and Economic Research Center, The Center for Entrepreneurship, The Center for Economic Education, and The Center for Leadership Development.
• an earned doctorate in one of the disciplines of the School from an accredited institution;
• a record of effective university-level teaching, scholarly achievement and service to meet IU East’s criteria for tenure as a full Professor;
• three years or more of progressively responsible administrative experience leadership experience as a chair, an associate dean, dean or comparable position with responsibility for budgets, strategic planning, human resource management, performance reviews, and promotion and tenure decisions;
• Knowledge and leadership in the areas of assessment and AACSB accreditation;
• commitment to shared governance and record of transparent decision-making; commitment to and record of community engagement;
• experience with program development, review, and assessment; experience with the effective delivery and development of online academic programs;
• demonstrated record of recognizing, supporting and promoting all aspects of the work of faculty and staff, including excellence in teaching, research and service;
• demonstrated record of strong interpersonal skills and effective communication both within an area of supervision and across campus; and
• demonstrated leadership in supporting a diverse faculty, staff and student body and evidence of appreciation of the value of diversity in an academic setting.
Additional preferred qualifications include: experience cultivating donor relationships and fundraising; experience with enrollment management; experience with a teacher-scholar model of faculty development that would support the AACSB faculty qualification model; and experience with Higher Learning Commission Accreditation Criteria.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The new Dean should be available to start on July 1, 2019 or as soon thereafter as possible. For full consideration, a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, and the contact information for five professional references should be forwarded to the email address below. Nominations, inquiries, and expressions of interest should be forwarded to:
Steve Leo, Partner
Matthew Bunting, Managing Associate
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates, LP
Indiana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. This institution is also a provider of ADA services.
More search results
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Environmental…
University of Texas Arlington
Biblical Studies and Religious Studies Faculty
Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Scie…
California State University, Bakersfield
California State University, Bakersfield
Senior Director of Development, College of Creati…