Assistant Manager (2-3 Positions)
- Ohio University
- Athens, OH 45701
Manages shift assignments for an assigned venue(s) within Culinary Services assisting the General Manager in the day-to-day operations of the assigned area(s). Supervises work of others, including planning, assigning and scheduling work, reviewing work and ensuring quality standards, training staff and overseeing their productivity. May offer recommendations for hiring, termination and pay adjustments, but does not have the responsibility for making these decisions.
- Assists the General Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of assigned venue(s).
- Serves as the manager on duty in the absence of the General Manager.
- Ensures a safe and sanitary workplace, complying with all applicable governmental laws and regulations, departmental policies and procedures as well as compliance with applicable provisions in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Focuses on customer service excellence to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Serves as an integral part of the management team and works closely with her/his designated supervisor to ensure all controllable cost categories meet or exceed departmental levels and adheres to budget levels set by management.
- Responsible for ensuring student staffing levels are met and maintained within established labor cost requirements and provides training and leadership to the student workforce. Produces a variety of financial reports to evaluate cost and efficiencies for the unit. Serves as a liaison between AFSCME, peers, and other departments throughout the University, representing Culinary Services as needed during orientation, resource fairs and other related events as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Represents Culinary Services as needed during Bobcat Student Orientation, resource fairs, special events and other related events.
- Directly supervises 50-300 student workers and 20-30 bargaining unit staff indirectly.
Bachelor’s degree in the area of food service, business or a related field, minimum of 1 year relevant work experience, minimum of 1 year supervisory/managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ServSafe certification must be obtained within the first year of employment
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to use in varied situations.
- This position requires excellent customer service skills
- This position requires standing in kitchens for long periods of time
- Must have valid driver’s license
Catering experience is a plus.
$39,500. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package including health benefits, paid time off, and education benefits for employees and qualified dependents.
To apply, and for more information, go to: https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/28207
Applicants may contact Patti Barnes, email@example.com, 740-593-2971 if they have questions about this position.
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Provost and Dean of the Faculty
Director of Development, UCLA School of the Arts …
University of California, Los Angeles
Vice President for Equity and Inclusion
Agnes Scott College
Assistant or Associate Professor - Disability Stu…
CUNY School of Professional Studies
Distinguished Lecturer/Associate Academic Directo…
CUNY School of Professional Studies