Senior Full Stack Developer
Senior Full Stack Developer (P# 20001827)
University Development's purpose is to support the mission of the university by raising private resources from alumni, friends, and other constituents to enhance financial support for students, faculty, programs, and facilities. University Development provides leadership and centralized development services to the 30+ other development shops across campus, serving as a focal point for principal/major gifts, gift planning, annual giving efforts, prospect development, corporate and foundation relations, stewardship, and communications.
The Applications Development and Support unit is responsible for a variety of IT-related functions in support of the University's Alumni and Development operations. Responsibilities include the ongoing support and customizations of the DAVIE (Blackbaud CRM) system, online giving web application development, campaign reporting, creation and maintenance of metric-based reporting, web site development, programming, analysis, querying, data visualization, broadcast email, online community management and support, and interfacing with external enterprise systems such as InfoPorte.
The Senior Full Stack Developer will be responsible building, testing, and maintaining web sites, web site services, and dynamic user facing applications using a variety of modern tools including JQuery, Angular, Bootstrap, and Microsoft .NET technologies.
- Application Development: Build public facing applications whose target audience includes alumni, students, and donors. Build internal applications whose target audience is development staff. Build custom parts for Blackbaud Internet Solutions as needed to support application development. Build Blackbaud CRM customizations as needed to support application development.
- Quality Assurance: Develop a test strategy for custom applications. Assist with platform upgrades.
- Project Management: Manage special projects as assigned. Work independently from start to completion of project. Consult with the Director of Application Development and Support, technical staff, software vendor engineers, department heads, and end users throughout the duration of project. Plan, organize and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of project goals and objectives. Meet with project stake holders to determine system requirements and recommend appropriate system features to meet business needs. Coordinate progress and manage project timelines and deliverables. Perform quality assurance. Assist with formulating project budgets.
- Research and Development: Research new and developing web technologies, tools and techniques. Prototype 'proof of concept' solutions to demonstrate benefits of new technology. Maintain relationships with management and internal departments recommending innovative software solutions to solve new or existing business needs.
- Other Duties: Assist the Director of Application Development and Support, Associate Vice Chancellor and other senior-level administrators. Collaborate with other IT staff. Disseminate acquired knowledge through email, one-on-one conversations or formalized documentation and training.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or
Bachelor's degree and some computer coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in business application consulting or development; or Associate's degree in Computer Programming and one year of experience in application consulting or development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Journey level requires an additional one year of experience. Advanced level requires an additional two years of experience.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
Please apply online at: http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/146310
All candidates must apply online and submit a cover letter and resume.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We also encourage protected veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
More search results
Director of Admissions
University of Mississippi
Assistant/Associate Professor - Clinical Track in…
University of California, Los Angeles
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ROME
Associate Provost of Research & Innovation
University of North Carolina Wilmington
Associate Director, Margo Souza Leadership Center
University of California, Merced