- University at Albany
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of approximately 17,000 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The University at Albany's Office of Academic Innovation and Student Success seeks to hire a Program Coordinator for the Office of Student Engagement and The Honors College. This position will provide programming support for Student Engagement, Living-Learning Communities (L-LC), Transfer Engagement, and the Honors College along with related clubs.
These units proudly provide co-curricular programming for all undergraduates, with a reach that has expanded dramatically, as we now host programs nearly every night and manage programs for faculty and staff. Due to this demand, the incumbent must be able to shift work hours to accommodate evening and weekend events when necessary.
- Develop, plan, and implement co-curricular programming for the Honors College, Living-Learning Communities, and Transfer Engagement programs. Many of these programs are offered between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm M - Th
- Recruit, train, supervise, and support student leaders in the Honors College, L-LCs, and Transfer Engagement programs.
- Manage programming and student personnel budgets. Track expenses by unit and program to provide return-on-investment reports to the director.
- Serve as liaison to academic and Student Affairs departments to build collaborative partnerships and develop shared program offerings.
- Manage program participation at various admissions events (webinars, open houses, and receptions), delivering in-person presentations for prospective students and their families, tabling, and developing digital content for online events.
- Conduct program evaluations, including surveys and focus groups, to determine which programs offer the greatest value for participating students and to inform future programming decisions.
- Assist the Director with grant applications for programmatic funding each semester.
- Develop social media and website content for the above-mentioned programs.
- Design and develop digital and hard copy marketing materials for Student Engagement and Honors College programs and manage distribution via multiple outlets.
- Work with departmental support staff to coordinate hiring undergraduate and graduate students for the Honors College, L-LCs, and Transfer Engagement, coordinate supply orders, invoice payments, and reimbursements to student leaders.
- Ensure commonly used materials and supplies are available for student-run programs throughout the semester and approve requests for atypical materials.
- Ensure timely handling of email inquiries for the Honors College, Student Engagement, and Transfer Engagement.
- Occasional evening events (1-2 times per week) and weekend obligations during the academic year.
- Participate in program-related committees, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of work experience in a higher education environment.
- Exceptional communication skills including the ability to communicate with students, staff, faculty, and families. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Exceptional technology skills, including Excel.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Ability to manage several projects at once and pay attention to the details of all.
- Applicants must address in their application materials their ability to manage people. The incumbent will source, hire, train and manage many students (both undergraduate and graduate) each year.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Creativity and a willingness to try new things is very important to being successful in this work.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to develop inclusive and equitable relationships within our diverse campus community
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to support diversity, equity, access, inclusion and belonging relative to their role
- Knowledge of UAlbany systems, including Business Intelligence, EAB, and PeopleSoft. (Training available, if necessary.)
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant, SL3
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to NYS Labor Law 194-A, no State entity, as defined by the Law, is permitted to rely on, orally or in writing seek, request, or require in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current wage, or salary history as a condition to be interviewed, or as a condition of continuing to be considered for an offer of employment, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation, and for the purpose of verifying information, may such requests be made. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=169846
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Contact information for three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
Closing date for receipt of applications: January 6, 2024.
More search results
Wyckoff Center Director
Dean of the School of Health Sciences
Farmingdale State College
Project Staff Associate (R24-05)
Research Foundation for SUNY
Assistant Professor - Management & Organizations
Dean - College of Arts and Sciences
New York Institute of Technology